No. 20 Sport Clips Toyota Camry News and Notes:
· JONES AT TALLADEGA SUPERSPEEDWAY: Erik Jones will make his seventh-career start at Talladega Superspeedway in the Cup Series on Sunday afternoon for the GEICO 500. In his previous six starts at the track, Jones has a career-best finish of eighth in 2018. In addition to his Cup starts, Jones has starts in both the Xfinity and Truck Series. In the Xfinity Series, Jones has three starts with a career-best finish of fifth in 2017 and in the Truck Series, Jones has two starts with a career-best finish of fourth in 2015.
· JGR AT TALLADEGA SUPERSPEEDWAY: Joe Gibbs Racing (JGR) has 139 total starts at Talladega Superspeedway in Cup Series competition. In those starts, the team has earned four wins, 34 top-five finishes, 53 top-10 finishes and one pole starting position. The team has led 1,292 laps, completed 24,895 of 26,291 attempted laps (94.7%) and earned an average start of 16.6 and an average finish of 17.7. Bobby Labonte, Kyle Busch, Tony Stewart and Denny Hamlin each have one win at the Alabama track for JGR.
· THIS WEEK ON THE NO. 20 CAMRY: For Sunday’s race at Talladega Superspeedway, Sport Clips will return to the No. 20 Toyota Camry for their second race of the season. In their first appearance on the No. 20 Toyota Camry this season, Jones won the season-opening Busch Clash at Daytona International Speedway.
· POINTS UPDATE: Jones and the No. 20 Toyota team lost three positions in the point standings following their 21st-place finish at Homestead-Miami Speedway. Jones now sits 18th in the Cup Series point standings, 190 points out of 1st.
· HOMESTEAD-MIAMI RECAP: Jones and the No. 20 Toyota Camry team started the race at Homestead-Miami Speedway from the 15th position and following a loose wheel early in the race, fought back to the top 10 in the final stage. Unfortunately, a cut tire late in the race forced the team to pit road and dropped the team to a 21st-place finish.
· RACE INFO: The GEICO 500 at Talladega Superspeedway is scheduled for Sunday, June 21, 2020. Coverage will begin at 3:00 p.m. ET on FOX, Sirius XM Channel 90 and MRN Radio.
From the Driver’s Seat:
Erik Jones: “I’m looking forward to Talladega. It’s always kind of a wild card going there and seeing what’s going to happen with restrictor plate racing and hoping you stay out of trouble and at least have a shot at the end of the day to go up and try to win. That’s going to be our main goal, just try to get to the end of the race and not get caught up in a wreck and be there the last five or 10 laps. Usually if you are there at the end, you’ve got a chance to go out and try to win. Looking forward to that and hopefully going there and getting a good result.”
TIL NEXT TIME, I AM STILL WORKING ON MY REDNECK!