No. 20 DEX Imaging/Morton Buildings Toyota Supra News and Notes:
· Sweet Home Alabama: Harrison Burton and the NASCAR Xfinity Series return to the track this weekend at Talladega Superspeedway for race number 11 of the 2020 season. Saturday afternoon will be Burton’s first NASCAR Xfinity Series race at the 2.66-mile facility located in Talladega, AL. Despite being a rookie, Burton is no stranger to success on NASCAR’s biggest tracks, having started eighth and finishing second at the season-opening race at Daytona International Speedway back in February.
· Record Set: Burton continues to put up historic numbers to start his rookie campaign with Joe Gibbs Racing in the NASCAR Xfinity Series. With his 10th consecutive top-10 finish last weekend at Homestead-Miami Speedway, Burton broke Carl Edwards’ all-time rookie record for the most consecutive top-10 finishes to start the season. The record had been standing since 2005.
· Homestead-Miami Recap: The NASCAR Xfinity Series ran a double header last weekend at Homestead-Miami Speedway with Harrison Burton capturing his second win of the season in race number one on Saturday afternoon. Burton was able to capture the win in thrilling fashion, making a last lap pass to secure the checkered flag. In race number two on Sunday, Burton was a mainstay inside the top-10 for most of the race and came home in eighth following two late-race cautions.
· JGR at Talladega: In combined 49 Xfinity Series starts at Talladega Superspeedway, JGR has earned five wins, 15 top-five finishes, 22 top-10s and five pole starting positions. The team has led 310 laps, with an average start of 10.6 and an average finish of 15.7.
· Welcome Morton Buildings: Morton Buildings joins the 20 team this weekend in Talladega, adorning the hood, decklid and roof on the No. 20 Toyota Supra. Morton Buildings, headquartered in Morton, Illinois, is the industry leader in post-frame manufacturing and construction. At Morton, the difference is in the details. From our cutting-edge innovations, best-in-class warranty, to our craftsmen in the field, we are dedicated to surpassing expectations. Our legacy of excellence in construction spans more than a century and more than a quarter-million satisfied customers. For more information, please visit www.mortonbuildings.com
· DEX IMAGING: DEX Imaging returns as a full-time sponsor of Burton and the No. 20 team this season. DEX Imaging is the digital document imaging division of Staples, the world’s largest business solutions provider. DEX sells and services the broadest selection of copiers, printers and data management solutions in the industry, such as Konica Minolta, Canon, Kyocera and HP. What makes DEX unique is its people, whose combined knowledge of cutting-edge business technologies and depth of service experience is unmatched. DEX Imaging’s success is directly tied to its mission: to help customers of all sizes drive down document-related expenses while improving productivity.
· RACE INFO: The Unhinged 300 at Talladega Superspeedway is scheduled for Saturday, 20th at 5:30pm ET. live on FoxSports 1, Sirius XM Channel 90 and MRN Radio.
From the Cockpit:
10 races into your rookie campaign in the NASCAR Xfinity Series, and you have scored top 10 finishes in every event. Assess your season so far.
“I think we want a little more raw speed. We want to win more stages, things like that. I still haven’t won a stage – won two races but haven’t won a stage. Got to find a way to get those Playoff points, they are really important come later in the year. We saw last year with (Tyler) Reddick, (Cole) Custer and (Christopher) Bell, all of those guys were pretty much locked in though the first round of the Playoffs, and that’s because they the stage points and the points from winning. We’ve got to get a little bit more dominate, a little bit more aggressive early in the race, and somehow be a little faster. That’s my main goal now – to fire off faster and try to be aggressive from the start and hopefully, get more dominate. I’m looking forward to Talladega this weekend to hopefully continue our momentum and come away with another good finish for Morton Buildings, DEX Imaging and everyone who makes it possible for me to race every weekend.”
TIL NEXT TIME, I AM STILL WORKING ON MY REDNECK!