No. 18 Monster Energy Toyota Supra News and Notes:
· HERBST AT ATLANTA MOTOR SPEEDWAY: This weekend Riley Herbst will make his first-career Xfinity Series start at the 1.5-mile Hampton, Georgia track. His only laps at Atlanta Motor Speedway were earlier this year when the No. 18 Monster Energy Toyota Supra team tested at the track prior to the 2020 season start.
· JGR AT ATLANTA MOTOR SPEEDWAY: Joe Gibbs Racing (JGR) has 46 total starts at Atlanta Motor Speedway in the NASCAR Xfinity Series. In those starts, the team has earned three wins, 14 top-five finishes, 24 top-10 finishes and five pole starting positions. The team has led 666 laps, completed 8,487 of 8,583 attempted laps (98.9%) and earned an average start of 8.7 and an average finish of 11.6. Kyle Busch leads the team with wins in 2016 and 2017 and Christopher Bell most recently won for the team in 2019.
· BRISTOL RECAP: Riley Herbst and the No. 18 Monster Energy Toyota Supra team started the race at Bristol Motor Speedway from the seventh position and ran the majority of the first two stages in the top 10. Taking a gamble late in the race for valuable track position, the No. 18 team made a two-tire stop under caution to give Herbst the lead with 45 laps remaining in the race. Unfortunately, following the restart, Herbst made contact with a competitor causing damage to the No. 18 Supra. Herbst was forced to pit road and with too much damage to continue in the race, Herbst was credited with a 27th-place finish.
· POINTS UPDATE: Following his 27th-place finish at Bristol Motor Speedway, Herbst advanced one position to 10th in the Xfinity Series point standings. Herbst currently sits 123 points out of first place.
· THIS WEEK ON THE NO. 18 SUPRA: This week Monster Energy will serve as the primary partner for the No. 18 Toyota Supra team.
· RACE INFO: The EchoPark 250 at Atlanta Motor Speedway is scheduled for Saturday, March 14, 2020. Coverage will begin at 4:00 p.m. ET on Fox Sports 1, MPN Radio and SIRIUS XM Channel 90.
From the Driver’s Seat:
Riley Herbst: “This is another new track for me, but I feel pretty good going in to Atlanta. We had a good test there in January and I learned a lot with Dave (Rogers) and my team. We’ve had a good start to the season and keep getting stronger each week. We’re close to our first win and I think we can keep getting strong finishes and put our Monster Energy Supra in victory lane soon.”
TIL NEXT TIME, I AM STILL WORKING ON MY REDNECK!