No. 18 Monster Energy Toyota Supra News and Notes:
· HERBST AT BRISTOL MOTOR SPEEDWAY: Riley Herbst will make his first-career NASCAR Xfinity Series start at Bristol Motor Speedway on Monday night when the series returns to the Tennessee short track. Herbst has one previous start at the track in the Truck Series earning a 15th-place finish in 2018 and two NASCAR Pro Series East starts earning a best finish of 10th in 2016.
· JGR AT BRISTOL MOTOR SPEEDWAY: Joe Gibbs Racing (JGR) has 99 total starts at Bristol Motor Speedway in the NASCAR Xfinity Series. In those starts, the team has earned 13 wins, 32 top-five finishes, 47 top-10 finishes and 10 pole starting positions. The team has led 3,177 laps, completed 25,249 of 27,119 attempted laps (93.1%) and earned an average start of 11.2 and an average finish of 14.5. Kyle Busch leads the team with eight wins followed by Erik Jones with two wins and Joey Logano, Ryan Preece and Christopher Bell with one win each.
· STARTING LINEUP: With the field for the Cheddar’s 300 set by random draw, Herbst will start the race at Bristol Motor Speedway from the seventh position. Teammates Harrison Burton and Brandon Jones will lead the field to green starting on the pole and second, respectively.
· HONORING OUR HEROES: During Monday’s race at Bristol Motor Speedway, Xfinity will replace their logo on the windshield of cars with the names of Frontline and Military employees from across the company who are working to keep communities safe during the COVID-19 pandemic. Herbst and the No. 18 Supra team will honor Deeva Williams. Williams is a member of the National Guard and during this crisis, she has been working at mobile food banks in the Tacoma, Washington area distributing prepackaged meals to those in need.
· DASH 4 CASH QUALIFIER: Monday night’s race will serve as the first qualifying race for the 2020 Dash 4 Cash program with the top-four finishers competing for the extra incentive in next weekend’s race at Atlanta Motor Speedway. In addition to Atlanta Motor Speedway, Homestead-Miami Speedway and Talladega Superspeedway will also host Dash 4 Cash races with a fourth track being determined at a later date.
· CHARLOTTE RECAP: Herbst started the race at Charlotte Motor Speedway from the fifth position and ran the majority of the race in the top nine before an on-track incident in the final 10 laps caused Herbst to spin. With damage to the No. 18 Supra, Herbst pitted for repairs and finished the race in the 12th position.
· POINTS STANDINGS: With his 12th-place finish at Charlotte Motor Speedway, Herbst remains 11th in the Xfinity Series point standings, 91 points out of first place.
· THIS WEEK ON THE NO. 18 SUPRA: This week, Monster Energy will serve as the primary partner for the No. 18 Toyota Supra team.
· RACE INFO: The Cheddar’s 300 at Bristol Motor Speedway is scheduled for Monday, June 1, 2020. Coverage will begin at 7:00 p.m. ET on Fox Sports 1, PRN Radio and SIRIUS XM Channel 90.
TIL NEXT TIME, I AM STILL WORKING ON MY REDNECK!