No. 20 STANLEY Toyota Camry News and Notes:
· JONES AT BRISTOL MOTOR SPEEDWAY: Erik Jones will make his seventh NASCAR Cup Series start at Bristol Motor Speedway on Sunday, May 31, 2020 for the ninth race of the 2020 season. In his previous six starts at the track, his best finish was in 2017 during his rookie season when he won his first Cup Series pole and led 260 laps before finishing second to Kyle Busch. In the Xfinity Series, Jones has six starts with two wins in 2016 and 2017. With one start at the Tennessee short track in the Truck Series, Jones has a sixth-place finish.
· JGR AT BRISTOL MOTOR SPEEDWAY: Joe Gibbs Racing (JGR) has 138 total starts at Bristol Motor Speedway in Cup Series competition. In those starts, the team has earned 13 wins, 34 top-five finishes, 52 top-10 finishes and 11 pole starting positions. The team has led 5,833 laps, completed 64,391 of 68,934 attempted laps (93.4%) and earned an average start of 14.8 and an average finish of 17.3. Kyle Busch leads the team with seven wins, followed by Denny Hamlin and Matt Kenseth with two wins each and Tony Stewart and Carl Edwards with one win each.
· STARTING LINEUP: With the starting lineup set by random draw, Jones will start Sunday’s race from the 15th position.
· THIS WEEK ON THE NO. 20 CAMRY: This weekend, the No. 20 Toyota Camry will carry the STANLEY colors for the second time of the 2020 season.
· POINTS UPDATE: With his 26th-place finish at Charlotte Motor Speedway, Jones remains in the 13th position in the Cup Series point standings.
· ALSCO UNIFORMS 500 RECAP: By virtue of their finish in the Coca-Cola 600, Jones and the No. 20 Toyota team started the Alsco Uniforms 500 at Charlotte Motor Speedway from the 10th position. Jones ran as high as sixth before a late-race pit road mishap forced the team to pit road for a one-lap penalty. Once the penalty was served, Jones returned to the track in the 35th position and was able to advance to 26th before the race ended.
· RACE INFO: The Food City Presents Supermarket Heroes 500 at Bristol Motor Speedway is scheduled for Sunday, May 31, 2020. Coverage will begin at 3:30 p.m. ET on Fox Sports 1, Sirius XM Channel 90 and PRN Radio.
From the Driver’s Seat:
Erik Jones: “I’m always excited to go to Bristol. It’s been a great track to me for a lot of years and I’ve been really close to a Cup win there the last few years. Hopefully this is the one where we can put it all together and end up in Victory Lane. We’ve always got really good speed and been fast and always feel like we are in contention for a win, so hopefully we can keep it clean all day and get ourselves in position to have a shot at the win late in the race. Excited to get there, definitely our first short track in a while and I think we’ll have a good shot to go out there and grab a win.”
TIL NEXT TIME, I AM STILL WORKING ON MY REDNECK!