No. 20 DEX Imaging Toyota Supra News and Notes:
· Racing at Home: Harrison Burton and the NASCAR Xfinity Series return to the track on Monday night at Charlotte Motor Speedway (CMS) for the Alsco 300 and race number six of the 2020 season. While Monday will be Burton’s first-career Xfinity Series start at 1.5-mile oval, the young rookie has one start under his belt in the Gander Outdoor Truck Series at CMS. In his lone start, Burton started fourth and went on to finish 11th in his Toyota Tundra.
· Darlington Recap: After a nearly two-month layoff due to COVID-19 Pandemic, the NASCAR Xfinity Series returned to the track on Thursday afternoon for the Toyota 200. After starting 12th based on a random draw, Burton worked his way inside the top 10 by the second stage and continued to battle the racetrack all afternoon. After 147 laps were complete, Burton finished ninth and collected his fifth top-10 finish in as many races to start the 2020 season.
· Points Update: Heading into Charlotte on Monday night, Burton currently sits second the Xfinity Series Driver Championship points standings, just 19 points back of the leader. Burton also heads to Charlotte with a commanding 76-point lead in the Sunoco Rookie of the Year standings.
· JGR at Charlotte: In combined 96 Xfinity Series starts at Charlotte Motor Speedway, JGR has earned eight wins, 37 top-five finishes, 56 top-10s and six pole starting positions. The team has led 18,457 laps, with an average start of 10.6 and an average finish of 12.1.
· DEX IMAGING: DEX Imaging returns as a full-time sponsor of Burton and the No. 20 team this season. DEX Imaging is the digital document imaging division of Staples, the world’s largest business solutions provider. DEX sells and services the broadest selection of copiers, printers and data management solutions in the industry, such as Konica Minolta, Canon, Kyocera and HP. What makes DEX unique is its people, whose combined knowledge of cutting-edge business technologies and depth of service experience is unmatched. DEX Imaging’s success is directly tied to its mission: to help customers of all sizes drive down document-related expenses while improving productivity.
· RACE INFO: The Alsco 300 at Charlotte Motor Speedway is scheduled for Monday, May 25th, 2020 at 7:30 p.m. ET. Watch and listen live on FoxSports 1, Sirius XM Channel 90 and MRN Radio.
From the Cockpit:
Does your run at Darlington give you momentum heading into Charlotte?
“Yeah, definitely. My confidence level heading into Charlotte is really good, before and after this. That is the good thing about our team. Our confidence is not based off of one week or another. We know that we have good people, and we feel like we can win if we all do our jobs. We were definitely operating under some strange circumstances. It was definitely weird not having the fans there (at Darlington). You obviously cannot tell when you are driving, but before and after the race the energy is not the same. It’s a little bit tougher to get focused in. Glad to have gotten a race under my belt, because now I feel like I can come back here and really fire off good. I’ll be confident we can go out and contend for a win. Just needed that time to learn, and now that we have it should be good.”
TIL NEXT TIME, I AM STILL WORKING ON MY REDNECK!