Sam Mayer, No. 21 Spencer Clark “Driven” Foundation Chevrolet
Phoenix Raceway Stats
- Gander Trucks: Starts: 1, Best Start: 21, Best Finish: 19
- K&N Pro Series West: Starts: 1, Best Start: 1, Best Finish: 2
2020 ARCA Menards Series Stats
- Making first ARCA Menards Series start for the 2020 season.
- Mayer enters this week with two wins after two attempts, one in the ARCA West Series and one in the ARCA East Series.
- This will be Mayer’s first start in the ARCA Menards Series at Phoenix. He has a start in the Gander Trucks Series and one in the K&N Pro Series West at the track.
- Mayer and the No. 21 team will compete with chassis No. 406 this week in Phoenix. This is the same chassis that Mayer won with in New Smyrna and Las Vegas earlier this season.
- Mayer will continue to honor the late Spencer Clark and his posthumous Spencer Clark “Driven” Foundation by running the same paint scheme that was on the car for the Bullring at Las Vegas. The Spencer Clark Driven Foundation is a cause close to the Gallagher family. Spencer Gallagher followed the same racing path as Spencer Clark, and the origins of GMS Racing tie back to the connection between the families. The entire GMS organization strives to honor Clark’s legacy on and off track with the number 23 as the flagship vehicle.
“I feel really confident heading into Phoenix with GMS. Last time we were there we had the fastest car, and I feel like we’re going to be like that again! I’m excited to have the opportunity to go three-for-three in 2020!
TIL NEXT TIME, I AM STILL WORKING ON MY REDNECK!