No. 19 Bass Pro Shops Toyota Camry News and Notes
- TRUEX AT LAS VEGAS: Martin Truex Jr. is a two-time winner at Las Vegas Motor Speedway, including the NASCAR Cup Series’ most recent trip to the 1.5-mile track last September. Overall, he has claimed five top-five finishes and eight top-10s in 16 career starts at the Nevada tri-oval. He finished 11th or better in his last seven starts in Las Vegas, including an eighth-place finish last spring and a victory in the fall.
- 2019 VEGAS VICTORY: The No. 19 team kickstarted a strong 2019 Playoff run with a win at Las Vegas Motor Speedway in September. That day, Truex started 24th and methodically worked his way into contention as he won stage two before eventually chasing down Kevin Harvick late in the race to capture his fifth of seven victories last season.
- 1.5-MILE SUCCESS: Dating back to the start of the 2017 season, Truex has earned 10 victories, 22 top-five finishes and 29 top-10s in the past 33 races on 1.5-mile tracks. The Mayetta, New Jersey native led 1,740 laps total across those races.
- DAYTONA RECAP: Truex finished 32nd in the DAYTONA 500 after being collected in a multi-car accident late in the race. Fortunately, he earned stage points by virtue of a seventh-place finish his Duel qualifying race and his fourth-place result in the second stage of the race. He currently sits 24th in the series standings after the season opener.
- AUTOGRAPH SESSION: Truex will sign autographs for fans at the Bass Pro Shops location in Las Vegas (8200 Dean Martin Drive, Las Vegas, NV 89139) Thursday at 5 p.m. local time.
- BASS PRO SHOPS: A longtime supporter of Truex and NASCAR, Bass Pro Shops will be featured as primary sponsor of the No. 19 Camry for Sunday’s race at Las Vegas Motor Speedway. Bass Pro Shops is North America’s premier outdoor and conservation company. Founded in 1972 when avid young angler Johnny Morris began selling tackle out of his father’s liquor store in Springfield, Missouri. Today the company provides customers with unmatched offerings spanning premier destination retail, outdoor equipment manufacturing, world-class resort destinations and more.
- JGR AT LAS VEGAS: Joe Gibbs Racing owns three wins at Las Vegas Motor Speedway, including Truex’s triumph last fall. In 72 combined starts at the 1.5-mile tri-oval, the organization has amassed 16 top-five finishes, 32 top-10s, five pole awards and 571 laps led.
- TUNE IN: Coverage of this weekend’s NASCAR Cup Series race at Las Vegas Motor Speedway begins Sunday at 3:30 p.m. ET on FOX, PRN Radio and Sirius XM NASCAR Radio.
Martin Truex Jr., Driver of the No. 19 Bass Pro Shops Toyota Camry
Talk about going to Las Vegas for the first non-restrictor plate race of the season…
“I think overall, as a company, we feel really good about where we ended last season with the 550 (horsepower) package. With us winning Vegas in the fall, Denny (Hamlin) winning Kansas and then Kyle (Busch) at Homestead, all of our cars were really fast at those places at the end of the year, so that gives me a lot of confidence going back to Vegas this weekend. Everyone has had a few months to work on their stuff and get better, so it will be a challenge to keep that advantage we felt like we had late in the season and continue that as we get going with the heart of our season now that Daytona is out of the way.”
TIL NEXT TIME, I AM STILL WORKING ON MY REDNECK!