No. 20 IRWIN SPEEDBOR Toyota Camry News and Notes:
- JONES AT LAS VEGAS MOTOR SPEEDWAY: Erik Jones has five starts in the Cup Series at the 1.5-mile Las Vegas Motor Speedway. While he’s had fast Camry’s and sat on the pole for one race, luck hasn’t been on his side and Jones has only one top-10 finish in the Cup Series to his name. His best-career finish at the track in the Cup Series came in 2018 when he finished eighth. With starts in both the Xfinity Series and the Truck Series at the track, Jones has a career-best finish of third in the Xfinity Series in 2016 and scored a win in the Truck Series in 2014.
- JGR AT LAS VEGAS MOTOR SPEEDWAY: Joe Gibbs Racing (JGR) has 72 total starts at Las Vegas Motor Speedway in Cup Series competition. In those starts, the team has earned three wins, 16 top-five finishes, 32 top-10 finishes and five pole starting positions. The team has led 571 laps, completed 17,926 of 19,069 attempted laps (94.0%) and earned an average start of 14.2 and an average finish of 15.4. Martin Truex, Jr. won at the track last season adding to Kyle Busch’s 2009 win and Matt Kenseth’s 2013 visit to victory lane.
- DAYTONA 500 RECAP: Competing in his fourth Daytona 500, Erik Jones qualified in the 14th position for The Great American Race at Daytona International Speedway. With a fast Camry, Jones looked poised for a strong run in the rain-delayed race, but a late-race on-track incident derailed the team of a strong finish after an extended unscheduled green-flag stop on pit road. Focused on finishing the race, but two laps down, Jones was able to avoid several late-race accidents to advance from 34th to 18th in the final 30 laps.
- THIS WEEK ON THE NO. 20 CAMRY: For the first race of the west coast swing, Erik Jones and the No. 20 Toyota Camry team will debut a new paint scheme with IRWIN serving as the primary partner. IRWIN tools is a Stanley Black and Decker brand and will be featured on the No. 20 Camry at Las Vegas Motor Speedway (February 23) and Richmond Raceway (September 12).
- RACE INFO: The Pennzoil 400 at Las Vegas Motor Speedway is scheduled for Sunday, February 23, 2020. Coverage will begin at 3:30 p.m. ET on FOX, Sirius XM Channel 90 and PRN Radio.
From the Driver’s Seat:
Erik Jones: “I’m excited to get to a mile-and-half track this weekend and a track where I’ve had a lot of speed in the past, but things just haven’t gone our way to have the finishes to show how good our Camry’s have been. It’s cool to have IRWIN on the No. 20 Camry this weekend and hopefully we can get them a good finish or a trip to victory lane for their first race with us.”
TIL NEXT TIME, I AM STILL WORKING ON MY REDNECK!