- Sam Mayer recently won the NASCAR K&N Pro Series East Championship for GMS Racing. He holds the honor of being the youngest NASCAR champion in any national series, earning his title at 16 years, three months and eight days.
- Saturday night’s event will be Mayer’s second career K&N West start. He previously competed in K&N West at Iowa in 2018.
- Mayer will be racing chassis No. 406 at Phoenix, this is the same Chevrolet he won with in Dover and both Bristol races this year in K&N East competition.
- Mayer will pull double duty this weekend in Phoenix, competing in Friday night’s NASCAR Gander Outdoors Truck Series race in addition to the K&N West race on Saturday night.
- Manpower U.S. will be with Mayer all weekend in the NGOTS and K&N West events. ManpowerGroup(R), the parent company of Manpower and headquartered in Milwaukee, Wis., is the leading global workforce solutions company which helps organizations transform in a fast-changing world of work by sourcing, assessing, developing and managing talent that enables them to succeed.
“Running the K&N West race all came together last minute, but I’m really excited it did. We will be competing at ISM Raceway for a championship next year so the extra laps should help going into that. I think we are going to have a great shot to win the K&N West race, and we should have a fast truck too. I can’t thank Manpower enough for being on the car this weekend, and I’m ready to go out and compete for a win!”
TIL NEXT TIME, I AM STILL WORKING ON MY REDNECK!