No. 20 Rheem Toyota Supra News and Notes:
- Bell at Phoenix: Christopher Bell has four prior starts at ISM Raceway earning one win, one pole, three top five and three top-10 finishes. In this race one year ago, Bell found himself in a must-win situation to advance to the Championship 4 at Homestead-Miami Speedway. Despite starting 38th, Bell worked his way through the field during the first two stages and grabbed the lead on lap 108 of the 200 lap event and went on to score the dramatic win.
- ISM 2019: Bell was a dominating force in the spring race at ISM, qualifying on the pole and leading a total of 68 laps. After a competitor’s engine expired resulting in oil on the track and a blinding smoke screen, Bell hit the oil and then made contact with the wall ending a promising day.
- Rheem at ISM Raceway: Rheem will have a large presence at ISM Raceway, hosting water heating customers from their Mountain Region division and large contingents from the company’s Raypak pool & spa and Eemax tankless water heating businesses
- Veterans Day: ISM Raceway weekend falls on Veteran’s Day and in honor of the day Bell honored those who have served by visiting veterans at the local VA last week to thank them for their service.
- Truck Series at ISM Raceway: Prior to his NXS starts, Bell had two starts in the NASCAR Gander Outdoors Truck Series (NGOTS) at ISM Raceway earning one pole starting position and two top-10 finishes.
- Texas Recap: Bell dominated Saturday night at Texas Motor Speedway (TMS) winning both stages and taking home the checkered flag. Bell led 101 of the 200 laps before earning his first NXS win at his home track of TMS.
- Points Update: Bell secured his spot in the Championship 4 at Homestead-Miami Speedway with his victory at Texas Motor Speedway. Bell remains on top of the standings heading into ISM Raceway this weekend.
- Joe Gibbs Racing at Phoenix: JGR has 86 NXS starts at ISM Raceway and has earned 12 wins, 38 top-five and 61 top-10 finishes. The championship-winning organization has won 16 pole awards with an average start of 8.4 an average finish of 9.4.
- RACE INFO: The Desert Diamond Casino West Valley 200 at ISM Raceway begins at 3:30 p.m. ET on Saturday, November 9, 2019. The race will be broadcast live on NBC, Sirius XM 90, and MRN Radio
From the Cockpit:
Christopher Bell: “It feels good to head to Phoenix locked into the Championship 4; last year that was not the case and we had to win to make it in. Luckily, we were able to do that, but now we can just focus on winning and moving on to Miami. I really like racing at ISM Raceway. We had a good run going in the spring, but got caught up in an accident. Our short track package is really good and I’m ready to head out to Phoenix.”
TIL NEXT TIME, I AM STILL WORKING ON MY REDNECK!