No. 20 Reser’s Toyota Camry News and Notes:
· JONES AT KANSAS SPEEDWAY: Erik Jones will make his seventh Cup Series start at Kansas Speedway this Sunday in the Hollywood Casino 400. In his previous six starts at the 1.5-mile track, Jones has a career-best finish of third at the track earlier this year. One for the record books, Kansas Speedway marks the location of Jones first-career Cup Series start when he climbed in the No. 18 Camry for Kyle Busch in 2015. In addition to his Cup Series starts, Jones has competed at the track in both the Xfinity Series and the Truck Series.
· JGR AT KANSAS SPEEDWAY: Joe Gibbs Racing (JGR) has 87 total starts at Kansas Speedway in Cup Series competition. In those starts, the team has earned four wins, 20 top-five finishes, 32 top-10 finishes and two pole starting positions. The team has led 897 laps, completed 22,112 0f 23,097 attempted laps (95.7%) and earned an average start of 12.5 and an average finish of 16.7. Tony Stewart secured the first Cup win for JGR at Kansas Speedway in 2006 followed by Denny Hamlin in 2012, Matt Kenseth in 2013 and most recently, Kyle Busch in 2016.
· THIS WEEK ON THE NO. 20 CAMRY: This week Reser’s returns to the No. 20 Toyota Camry for their final primary race of the 2019 season.
· RESER’S DELI SALAD FAVORITES IN KANSAS:
o Original Potato Salad – This best-selling potato salad is a tasty blend of diced Russets, chopped celery and onions, with crisp sweet pickles, in a classic mayonnaise dressing.
o Macaroni Salad – Made with perfectly plump elbow macaroni and a sweet-tart mayonnaise dressing, this deli favorite is finished with crisp celery, fresh red bell peppers, and crunchy sweet pickles.
o Garden Pasta Salad – The newest member of the Reser’s deli salad family, this vinaigrette-dressed salad is a delicious combination of mini penne pasta, carrots, red bell peppers, and Italian cheeses.
- Reser’s American Classics deli salads are available in Kansas and Missouri at Price Chopper, Dillons, Save-A-Lot, Consentino’s, Moser’s, Prenger Foods, C&R Markets and Woods Supermarket.
· JIMMIE JOHNSON FOUNDATION VISOR STRIP: This weekend Jones will wear a special Jimmie Johnson Foundation (JJF) visor strip to support the Jimmie Johnson Foundation and the work they do with K-12 public education. Following Sunday’s race, Jones will sign his race-worn visor and donate to JJF to be auctioned off to raise funds and awareness for the foundation.
· TALLADEGA RACE RECAP: Erik Jones and the No. 20 Toyota Camry team scored a 34th-place finish in the rain delayed race at Talladega Superspeedway. Jones started the race from 11th and ran as high as second before being caught in a late-race accident that ended the team’s day.
· RACE INFO: The Hollywood Casino 400 at Kansas Speedway is scheduled for Sunday, October 20, 2019. Coverage will begin at 2:30 p.m. ET on NBC, MRN Radio, SIRIUS XM Channel 90 and the NBC Sports App.
From the Driver’s Seat:
Erik Jones: “Kansas has always been a good track for me and one that holds a special memory as the track where I made my Cup Series debut in 2015 filling in for Kyle (Busch). In both the Xfinity and Truck Series I came close to getting wins, but came up short in both. I’ve always had fast Toyota’s and I think this weekend will be no different. We’ve been strong at Kansas the last few races and I think this is a good place for us to turn things around and get back on track after the last few weeks of being on a bad streak.”
From the Pit Box:
Chris Gayle: “I always enjoy going to Kansas for the fall event, and it’s a place the 20 team has run well the last few events. It’s a good chance to get back to a place we ran well and get our finishes back on track for the final five races of the season. The cars are so finicky for balance/speed with this year’s aero package that even going from a night race in the first event, to a day race in the fall can require a change to our strategy and car setup for this event. It makes every weekend a little bit different and a little bit more of a challenge.”
TIL NEXT TIME, I AM STILL WORKING ON MY REDNECK!