Date: October 5th, 2019
Race Name: Use Your Melon Drive Sober 200 (Race 29 of 33)
Venue: Dover International Speedway in Dover, Delaware
Series: NASCAR Xfinity Series
Stages: 45 laps / 45 laps / 110 laps (200 Total Laps)
Race Winner: Cole Custer of Stewart-Haas Racing with Fred Biagi (Ford)
Results: Cole Custer: 1st | Chase Briscoe: 5th
- Cole Custer: 2nd with 3,050 points; 36 points above the cut line.
- Cole Custer / Production Alliance Group Ford Mustang Recap:
- Custer started third but would move up to second as Chase Briscoe had to start from the rear.
- The No. 00 Production Alliance Group Mustang would run third the majority of Stage 1 but would jump to second, where he would finish. He would earn nine stage points.
- Custer brought the No. 00 Ford to pit road for four tires, fuel and an air pressure adjustment, but would have a mishap during the stop, forcing him to restart 11th.
- The No. 00 Production Alliance Group Ford would gain spots during a long green flag run and would ultimately finish Stage 2 in the fifth position. He would earn six more stage points.
- Custer would pit for four tires, fuel and a track bar adjustment at the stage break. He would restart in the fourth position.
- Green flag pit stops would shuffle Custer to the lead and with 23 laps remaining a caution would come out. He would be one of three cars on the lead lap.
- Custer would restart from the lead and would run there until another caution would fly with 12 laps remaining.
- The green flag would fly with seven laps remaining in the race and Custer would run away from second and would win the race.
- This was Custer’s 100th race in the Xfinity Series and marks seven wins throughout the 2019 season.
Cole Custer, driver of the No. 00 Production Alliance Group Ford Mustang:
“I have always wanted to win here since I started racing and had always been close in the Truck Series and recently in the Xfinity Series. To be able to come out of here with this Golden Monster trophy is just an amazing feeling. I can’t thank the guys for everything throughout this weekend and the entire season. This win also means we are 3 for 3 on winning when Production Alliance Group is on the car and when they sponsored the race back in Fontana.”
TIL NEXT TIME, I AM STILL WORKING ON MY REDNECK!