Date: October 5th, 2019
Race Name: Use Your Melon Drive Sober 200 (Race 29 of 33)
Venue: Dover International Speedway in Dover, Delaware
Series: NASCAR Xfinity Series
Stages: 45 laps / 45 laps / 110 laps (200 Total Laps)
Race Winner: Cole Custer of Stewart-Haas Racing with Fred Biagi (Ford)
Results: Cole Custer: 1st| Chase Briscoe: 5th
– Chase Briscoe: 6th with 3,013; 4 points below the cut line
Chase Briscoe / Ford Performance Ford Mustang Recap:
– Briscoe earned his second career Xfinity Series pole, but was forced to start at the rear of the field due to electrical issues.
– The No. 98 Ford Mustang charged from the tail to seventh in the first stage to earn four stage points.
– Briscoe started Stage 2 in sixth and finished third to earn eight more stage points.
– The team pitted for tires and fuel and started the final stage in second position.
– Briscoe took the lead on the restart and would pace the field for next 71 laps.
– He pitted from the lead under green with 32 laps remaining and rejoined the race in fifth, but caution flag waved on lap 177 pinning the No. 98 one lap down.
– Briscoe took the wave around and restarted in sixth. He would advance one position to ultimately finish the race in fifth.
– Briscoe’s 71 laps led today marks a new career-high.
Chase Briscoe, driver of the No. 98 Ford Performance Ford Mustang:
“It is encouraging how fast of a car we had but that is two weeks in a row I feel like we had the best race car and didn’t get the win. There are so many circumstances that go into winning these races and one little thing that you don’t catch at the right time just kills you. It is really good that we are moving on to the next round of the playoffs but at the same time if we hadn’t had to go to the back we probably would have had seven points going into the next round and that would have been big. It is frustrating to have a winning race car and not win with it but it is nice that we have had really fast Mustangs and that is encouraging going into the next round. Hopefully we can have just as fast race cars but seal the deal.”
TIL NEXT TIME, I AM STILL WORKING ON MY REDNECK!