No. 20 DEWALT Toyota Camry News and Notes:
· JONES AT DOVER INTERNATIONAL SPEEDWAY: Erik Jones will make his sixth-career Cup Series start at Dover International Speedway this weekend driving the No. 20 DEWALT Toyota Camry in the Drydene 400. In his previous five starts at the track, Jones best finish is fourth in this race last season. He has one top-five and two top-10 finishes with an average start of 11.8 and an average finish of 11.0. Jones also has five starts in the Xfinity Series with his best finish being a win in 2016. In the Truck Series, Jones has one start at the one-mile track with a third-place finish.
· JGR AT DOVER INTERNATIONAL SPEEDWAY: Joe Gibbs Racing (JGR) has 134 total starts at Dover International Speedway in Cup Series competition. In those starts, the team has earned eight wins, 42 top-five finishes, 68 top-10 finishes and seven pole starting positions. The team has led 2,897 laps, completed 50,294 of 54,772 attempted laps (91.8%) and earned an average start of 12.7 and an average finish of 15.7. Kyle Busch leads the team with three wins followed by Tony Stewart with two wins and Bobby Labonte, Matt Kenseth and Martin Truex, Jr. with one win each.
· THIS WEEK ON THE NO. 20 CAMRY: This week DEWALT returns to the No. 20 Toyota Camry for the Drydene 400 at Dover International Speedway.
· 2019 PLAYOFFS: With his 40th-place finish in the final race in the Round of 16, Jones was eliminated from the 2019 Monster Energy NASACAR Cup Series Playoffs.
· ROVAL RACE RECAP: Starting from the 15th position at the Roval at Charlotte Motor Speedway, Jones was running in the top-10 following a caution late in stage one. Unfortunately, on the lap 22 restart, Jones was collected in a multi-car accident going in to the first turn. With little damage to the No. 20 Camry, the team brought Jones to pit road to work on repairs. Upon further review, the team discovered a hole in the radiator forcing Jones to the garage and relegating the team to a 40th-place finish.
· RACE INFO: The Drydene 400 at Dover International Speedway is scheduled for Sunday, October 6, 2019. Coverage will begin at 2:30 p.m. ET on NBCSN, MRN Radio, SIRIUS XM Channel 90 and the NBC Sports App.
From the Driver’s Seat:
Erik Jones: “Dover is a good track. It’s been good to us and we ran well there in the spring race. We are going to try some things that our teammates did earlier this year and hopefully that will give us the extra info we were missing in the spring to get us up front and contend for the win. Since we aren’t in the Playoffs anymore, our focus is now on getting a few more wins and gaining points to finish our season strong.”
From the Pit Box:
Chris Gayle: “With the first round of the Playoffs behind us, we’re now refocused on the final seven races, trying to get a few more wins and gaining as many points as we can before the end of the season. We know we have the speed and the team to go after wins, we just need the circumstances to line up perfectly and hopefully we can end the season with a few more wins starting with this weekend at Dover.”
TIL NEXT TIME, I AM STILL WORKING ON MY REDNECK!