· JONES AT CHARLOTTE MOTOR SPEEDWAY ROVAL: For the second annual Bank of America ROVAL 400 at Charlotte Motor Speedway, Jones will look to improve on his 30th-place finish from last season and make his way in to the second round of the 2019 Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series Playoffs.
· JGR AT CHARLOTTE MOTOR SPEEDWAY ROVAL: Joe Gibbs Racing (JGR) has four total starts at the Roval at Charlotte Motor Speedway in Cup Series competition. In those starts, the team has a best finish of 12th with Denny Hamlin in the inaugural event in 2018. The team has completed 429 of 436 attempted laps (98.4%) and earned an average start of 17.5 and an average finish of 23.8.
· THIS WEEK ON THE NO. 20 CAMRY: This week the No. 20 Toyota Camry will feature the familiar red and black paint scheme of CRAFTSMAN for the third race of the 2019 Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series Playoffs and the first cutoff race to see who makes it to the Round of 12.
· JGR FAN FEST: This year the JGR fan fest will take place on Friday, September 27, 2019. All JGR drivers across all series will be signing autographs from 8:30 a.m. – 10:30 a.m. ET. Fans must have a wristband to receive an autograph. Wristbands will be handed out starting at 8:00 a.m. ET Friday morning at JGR.
· DRIVE FOR TEAL AND GOLD STEERING WHEEL TO SUPPORT MTJ FOUNDATION: Jones will carry a special Drive for Teal and Gold steering wheel this weekend at the Roval to support teammate Martin Truex Jr., Sherry Pollex and the Martin Truex Jr. Foundation and their efforts to raise awareness for ovarian and childhood cancer. After the race on Sunday, Jones will sign the steering wheel and it will be up for auction through the NASCAR Foundation to support the Martin Truex Jr. Foundation.
· 2019 PLAYOFFS: Jones currently sits 16th in the 2019 NASCAR Cup Series Playoff point standings following the race at Richmond Raceway. With one race remaining in the Round of 16, Jones is 45 points behind the cutoff spot for the second round of the 2019 Playoffs.
· RICHMOND RACE RECAP: Starting from the 16th position at Richmond Raceway, Jones made his way to the top 10 and scored a ninth-place finish in stage one and fourth-place finish in stage two. Maintaining his position in the top 10 for the majority of the 400-lap race, Jones crossed the finish line in fourth place behind his three JGR teammates. Unfortunately, following post-race inspection, Jones was disqualified and dropped to the 38th position for the official results.
· RACE INFO: The Bank of America ROVAL 400 at Charlotte Motor Speedway is scheduled for Sunday, September 29, 2019. Coverage will begin at 2:30 p.m. ET on NBC, PRN Radio, SIRIUS XM Channel 90 and NBC Sports App.
TIL NEXT TIME, I AM STILL WORKING ON MY REDNECK!