Date: September 14, 2019
Race Name: Rhino Pro Truck Outfitters 300 (Race 26 of 33)
Venue: Las Vegas Motor Speedway
Series: NASCAR Xfinity Series
Stages: 45 laps / 45 laps / 110 laps (200 Total Laps)
Race Winner: Tyler Reddick of Richard Childress Racing (Chevrolet)
Results: Cole Custer: 4th
Point Standings: (After Playoff Reset)
– Cole Custer: 2nd with 2,044 points; trails points leader by 11 points
Cole Custer / Haas Automation Ford Mustang Recap:
- Custer started from the pole position and finished Stage 1 in fifth to collect six points.
- The No. 00 Haas Automation team came to pit road for four tires, fuel and an air pressure adjustment at the conclusion of Stage 1 to correct a tight-handling condition.
- Custer started Stage 2 in third and finished second to score nine additional points.
- The No. 00 Ford came to pit road at the conclusion of Stage 2 for four tires, fuel and an air pressure adjustment.
- The Haas Automation team started the final stage in second and was racing in the third position at the lap-112 caution.
- Custer came to pit road for four tires and fuel at lap 113 and restarted third on lap 116.
- The No. 00 raced in the third position when the caution flag waved on lap 128. The team stayed out under caution.
- The No. 00 team came to pit road from the fifth position under green-flag conditions for four tires, fuel and a small adjustment on lap 167.
- Custer raced hard to the checkered flag and finished the race in the fourth position.
- Custer scored his 13th top-five and 18th top-10 finish of the 2019 season and his second top-five and fourth top-10 in five Xfinity Series starts at Las Vegas.
- Custer scored his sixth pole of the season with a time of 29.773 seconds at 181.372 mph.
- Las Vegas marked the end of the 26-race Xfinity Series regular season. Both Custer and Briscoe advance to the Xfinity Series Playoffs based on scoring a win in the regular season. Custer will start the playoffs ranked second with 2,044 points, while Briscoe is fifth with 2,012 points heading to the playoff opener at Richmond (Va.) Raceway next week.
- Tyler Reddick of Richard Childress Racing claimed the regular-season championship to pick up an additional 15 playoff points.
TIL NEXT TIME, I AM STILL WORKING ON MY REDNECK!