Date: August 16, 2019
Race Name: Food City 300 (Race 22 of 33)
Venue: Bristol Motor Speedway in Bristol, Tennessee
Series: NASCAR Xfinity Series
Race Winner: Tyler Reddick of Richard Childress Racing (Chevrolet)
Results: Chase Briscoe: 2nd | Cole Custer: 22nd
– Cole Custer: 3rd with 839 points; trails points leader by 139 points
Cole Custer / Haas Automation Ford Mustang Recap:
– Cole Custer qualified fourth and was running there on lap 39 when he was involved in a multi-car wreck.
– The team made repairs to the car and Custer rejoined the field in 34th. He would finish Stage 1 in 33rd, seven laps down.
– The No. 00 Haas Automation Ford Mustang started Stage 2 in 31st and finished the stage in 26th.
– Custer would start the final stage in 26th and was in 23rd on lap 280 when the final caution flag flew.
– He would gain one more position and be credited with a 22nd-place finish, nine laps down.
Cole Custer, driver of the No. 00 Haas Automation Ford Mustang:
“It’s been a real tough few weeks for our team. We started off really fast and unfortunately had our day ruined trying to get around a lapped car. I can’t thank my team enough for all the hard work on the car this weekend. We brought a really fast race car and I really wanted to get a win here at Bristol, but it just wasn’t our day.”
TIL NEXT TIME, I AM STILL WORKING ON MY REDNECK!