Date: August 3, 2019
Race Name: Zippo 200 at The Glen (Race 20 of 33)
Venue: Watkins Glen International in Watkins Glen, NY
Series: NASCAR Xfinity Series
Race Winner: Austin Cindric from Team Penske (Ford)
Results: Chase Briscoe: 7th | Cole Custer: 8th
Chase Briscoe: 6th with 661 points; trails points leader by 227 points
Chase Briscoe / Ford Performance Ford Mustang Recap:
– Briscoe qualified sixth but would be forced to pit on lap three due to debris on the grille. Would take fuel and clean the debris.
– A yellow flag on lap 33 would bring Briscoe down to pit road for four tires and fuel. He would restart in the 24th position.
– Briscoe would finish Stage 1 in the 12th position. He would not pit at the end of the stage.
– The No. 98 Ford Performance Mustang would start Stage 2 in the sixth position. He would gain one position before a yellow flag on lap 34. Briscoe would finish Stage 2 in fifth, earning him six stage points.
– Briscoe would pit during the stage break for four tires and fuel. He would restart 13th but would not stay there long as he jumped to ninth on the opening lap.
– Briscoe quickly advanced to fourth in the next 14 laps until the caution came out again on lap 214.
– The No. 98 would put on lap 49 for fuel only and would rejoin the field in 25th. A yellow flag would fly on lap 68 with Briscoe running sixth. He would pit for four tires and fuel.
– Briscoe would restart the race 10th before another yellow with seven laps to go. He would restart ninth and would gain two spots to finish seventh.
TIL NEXT TIME, I AM STILL WORKING ON MY REDNECK!