Grant Enfinger, No. 98 Champion Power Equipment/Curb Records Ford F-150
NASCAR Gander Outdoors Truck Series
Eldora Speedway – Eldora Dirt Derby
Race No. 15 of 23
Team Info/Stats: Crew Chief: Jeff Hensley
2019 Driver Points Standings: 1st (+34)2019
Owner Points Standings: 2nd (-9)
Spotter: Jeremy Lundy
News and Notes:
- Eldora Dirt… Grant Enfinger will make his third start at Eldora Speedway in Thursday night’s seventh annual Eldora Dirt Derby. In two previous starts, the Champion Power Equipment driver has led one lap en route to a track-best start of ninth (2018) and a track-best finish of second (2018). In 2018, Enfinger came up 0.38 seconds short of the win in a last-lap, side-by-side battle to the checkers with teammate, Chase Briscoe.
- This Week’s No. 98 Champion Power Equipment/Curb Records Ford F-150… The No. 98 ThorSport Racing team will unload chassis No. 70 for Thursday night’s Eldora Dirt Derby at Eldora Speedway. This is the same chassis ThorSport Racing teammate, Chase Briscoe drove to victory lane at the famed one-half mile, clay oval, in 2018.
- Playoff Profile… With only two races remaining to lock yourself in to the 2019 Playoffs, Enfinger, who is currently leading the driver points standings, with a 34-point lead, is currently in on points – the Regular Season Champion is guaranteed a spot in the Playoffs.
- Eye In The Sky… Jeremy Lundy will call the shots for the No. 98 Champion Power Equipment Ford F-150 Thursday. Lundy has history with Enfinger throughout his career in late models and the ARCA Menards Series.
- At A Glance – 2019… Enfinger, the current Gander Trucks points leader, has earned two poles, four stage wins and led 233 laps en route to six top-five and 11 top-10 finishes in the seasons first 14 races.
- Ford Fact… Ford powered F-150’s have found victory lane 99 times since 1995 in the Gander Trucks, including once at Eldora Speedway with Chases Briscoe (2018).
- Take Me Back – Pocono Raceway… Enfinger started 10th, finished sixth in Stage 1, third in Stage 2 and crossed the stripe in the 10th position. The top-10 result was his second top-10 finish in three starts at the “Tricky Triangle.”
- Truck Series Stats… Enfinger has 74 career Gander Trucks starts to his credit. His success includes five poles, and 504 laps led en route to two wins, 24 top-five and 46 top-10 finishes.
- Catch Grant at Eldora… Enfinger will join his fellow ThorSport Racing teammates at the Ford Stage at Eldora Speedway Thursday, Aug. 1 from 4:00 – 4:30 p.m. ET.
Chatting with Grant Enfinger…
You’ve finished fourth and second, respectively, at Eldora the last two races. Are you looking forward to getting back to Eldora this year?
“Yeah, in my opinion, it’s the most entertaining NASCAR race of the year. It was a teammate that won last year, but I’m still a little bitter about that one, so I’d definitely like to bring that golden shovel home for the 98 team this year. I feel like we’ve had really fast Ford F-150’s, and we’ve been capable of winning, the stars just haven’t lined-up for us. It would have been nice to get one before Eldora, but I’ve definitely had this one circled on the calendar.”
How much of a wild card is Eldora for the Truck Series?
“As much as a superspeedway or road course, honestly. Not just from a driver’s standpoint – some guys like the dirt, some don’t – but as far as the attrition, especially on your equipment. You fill these radiators up with mud and motors don’t like to run, the bumps and running into the wall, these trucks are not designed for what we put them through, there.”
TIL NEXT TIME, I AM STILL WORKING ON MY REDNECK!