Date: July 27, 2019
Race Name: U.S. Cellular 250 (Race 19 of 33)
Venue: Iowa Speedway in Newton, Iowa
Series: NASCAR Xfinity Series
Race Winner: Chase Briscoe of Stewart-Haas Racing with Fred Biagi (Ford)
Results:Chase Briscoe: 1st | Cole Custer: 29th
Chase Briscoe: 7th with 625 points; trails points leader by 232 points
Chase Briscoe / Ford Performance Ford Mustang Recap:
– Briscoe qualified second and pitted under yellow on lap 45 running second. He restarted fourth and finished stage one in third to earn eight stage points.
– The No. 98 Ford Mustang stayed out at the conclusion of stage one and started stage two in third. He gained one position and finished the stage in second to earn an additional nine stage points.
– Briscoe pitted at the end of stage two for tires, fuel and minor adjustments and restarted the final stage in second.
– Yellow flag flew on lap 151. The No. 98 team pitted for fuel only and received a violation for running over the air hose. He restarted at the tail end of the lead lap cars in 17th.
– Briscoe advanced seven positions to 10th before caution flew once again on lap 200. He brought the car down pit road for his final set of tires and restarted 11th.
– Briscoe quickly advanced to fourth in the next 14 laps until the caution came out again on lap 214.
– The race restarted with 22 laps remaining and Briscoe quickly moved to second position. He passed for the lead on lap 244 with six laps to go and held on for his first victory of the season.
– The win marks Briscoe’s second career victory. He also has eight top-five’s and 14 top-10’s in the 2019 season.
Chase Briscoe, driver of the No. 98 Ford Performance Ford Mustang:
“Wow, it feels so good to finally break through and get this 98 car in victory lane. I couldn’t believe all those guys used their final set of tires with almost 100 laps to go – Boswell made the perfect call and we had the tires we needed at the end. I can’t thank this team enough for all their hard work and for believing in me. They deserve this win.”
TIL NEXT TIME, I AM STILL WORKING ON MY REDNECK!