No. 19 Bass Pro Shops / TRACKER Off Road Toyota Camry News and Notes
- TRUEX AT POCONO: Martin Truex Jr. is a two-time winner at Pocono Raceway with victories in 2015 and 2018. Overall, he has claimed five top-five finishes and 10 top-10s in 27 career starts at the Tricky Triangle. Truex also won the pole award at the track in 2016.
- LAST TIME AT POCONO: When the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series visited Pocono in June, Truex qualified 20th and finished 35th after an engine failure ended his race during the second stage.
- LOUDON RECAP: Truex finished sixth last Sunday at New Hampshire Motor Speedway. After starting sixth and finishing sixth in the first stage, Truex was involved in an accident late in the second segment that required several pit stops to repair his No. 19 Camry. During the final stage, Truex worked his way from 26th up to 10th before a gutsy call by crew chief Cole Pearn gained him several more positions to earn a respectable sixth-place finish.
- BASS PRO SHOPS: Bass Pro Shops will be featured as primary sponsor of the No. 19 Camry this Sunday in Pocono. A longtime supporter of Truex, Bass Pro Shops is North America’s premier outdoor and conservation company. Founded in 1972 when avid young angler Johnny Morris. began selling tackle out of his father’s liquor store in Springfield, Missouri. Today the company provides customers with unmatched offerings spanning premier destination retail, outdoor equipment manufacturing, world-class resort destinations and more.
- TRACKER OFF ROAD: This weekend, the hood of Truex’s No. 19 Camry will feature TRACKER Off Road, a game-changing new line of all-terrain vehicles and side-by-sides offering breakthrough performance, service and value in the off-road industry. TRACKER Off Road was born out of a powerhouse partnership formed between Bass Pro Shops and TRACKER founder Johnny Morris and Textron Specialized Vehicles, bringing together the undisputed world leader in boating with a global leader in innovation and technology.
- JGR AT POCONO: Joe Gibbs Racing has earned 13 victories at Pocono Raceway, including the past two trips to the track with Kyle Busch. The organization has tallied 33 top-five finishes and 67 top-10s at the track in 134 combined starts. Including Truex’s victory in June 2018, Toyota drivers have won the past four races at the Tricky Triangle.
- TUNE IN: Coverage of this weekend’s race at Pocono Raceway begins Sunday at 3 p.m. ET on NBC Sports Network, MRN Radio and Sirius XM NASCAR.
Martin Truex Jr., Driver of the No. 19 Bass Pro Shops / TRACKER Off Road Toyota Camry
What do you expect going back to Pocono for the second time?
“Track position is going to be incredibly important as it always is at Pocono. Starting up front is going to be a must to put yourself in position to have any shot. We didn’t qualify as well as we would like in the first race, so that put us behind to start. Our car was really fast in the race, it was just really difficult to pass. We’ll have to see how the PJ1 affects the track, but Pocono is Pocono and it’s going to be a challenging race.”
TIL NEXT TIME, I AM STILL WORKING ON MY REDNECK!