No. 22 MoneyLion Ford Mustang – Austin Cindric
Stage 1: 12th
Stage 2: 8th
Laps Completed: 200/200
Laps Led: 0
Driver Point Standings (behind first): 5th (-163 leader)
- Austin Cindric scored a hard fought 12th-place finish in the ROXOR 200 Saturday afternoon at New Hampshire Motor Speedway. Due to the finish, Cindric fell one position to fifth in the driver point standings, 163 behind leader Tyler Reddick and 17 points behind fourth-place Justin Allgaier.
- The driver of the MoneyLion Ford Mustang earned the third place starting position during qualifying Saturday afternoon for the 200-lap, 211-mile race, but started from the rear of the 38-car starting field after an engine change following the first practice session on Friday afternoon.
- Once the race started, Cindric wasted no time slicing and dicing his was through traffic. By lap 13 he was up to 17th while was running top-five lap times. The first caution slowed the race on lap 33 with Cindric scored in 15th position. He communicated to his MoneyLion Racing team that his Ford Mustang was loose. Crew chief Brian Wilson made the call to pit during the caution for four tires, fuel and adjustments. Mixed strategy between cars remaining on track and pitting shuffled Cindric back to 16th for the restart on lap 37. He scrambled his way up to 12th by in the end of Stage 1 on lap 45. Cindric remained on track during the stage caution and restarted ninth on lap 52.
- Stage 2 ran caution free and over the long run Cindric’s No. 22 Ford Mustang became “plowing tight.” He stayed inside the top-10 during the second segment and crossed the finish line eighth when the stage concluded on lap 90. Wilson called his driver to pit road during the stage caution for four tires, fuel and adjustments to aid his tight-handling Mustang. A stellar stop by the MoneyLion crew put Cindric third in line when the race went green on lap 98.
- Once the green flag waived, Cindric slid back eighth position. He battled back to sixth and was running lap times speeds comparable to the leaders. He battled several laps for fifth position but was back to eighth when the fourth caution fell on lap 142. Wilson made the call to pit during the yellow and another stellar pit stop moved Cindric up to fifth for the restart on lap on lap 147.
- A crazy restart resulted in slight contact to the No. 22 MoneyLion Ford. Cindric fell to ninth in line once the field settled into single-file formation. The fifth and final caution slowed the pace once more on lap 155. Cindric would restart in eighth and over the course of the final green flag run, the MoneyLion Ford became tremendously loose, causing Cindric to fall to the 14th position. With just five laps to go, Cindric mounted one final charge and picked off two positions to claimed a 12th-place finish.
Quote: “Plenty of positives to take out of what ended up being a frustrating result. Great speed in our MoneyLion Mustang in both qualifying and in the race plus our guys did stellar work on pit road. A real team effort got us back to the top-five after starting the race at the back of the field. We got shuffled out hard on the final restart and didn’t have enough time to recover. My team worked really hard this weekend and I wish we had a result that matched their effort.”
TIL NEXT TIME, I AM STILL WORKING ON MY REDNECK!