Date: July 12, 2019
Race Name: Alsco 300 (Race 17 of 33)
Venue: Kentucky Speedway in Sparta, Kentucky
Series: NASCAR Xfinity Series
Race Winner: Cole Custer of Stewart-Haas Racing (Ford)
Results: Cole Custer: 1st | Chase Briscoe: 5th
– Cole Custer: 3rd with 689 points; trails points leader by 75 points
– Chase Briscoe: 8th with 531 points; trails points leader by 233 points
Cole Custer / Haas Automation Ford Mustang Recap:
– Custer qualified in the fifth position and would run there for the majority of Stage 1 before finishing in the sixth position. He would earn five stage points.
– The team would pit at the stage end for four tires, fuel and a track bar adjustment. Custer would restart fourth.
– The No. 00 Haas Automation Ford Mustang would endure through two cautions through Stage 2 before finishing in the third position, earning him eight more stage points.
– Custer started the final stage third as the leader would only take two tires on his stop.
– The No.00 would take over the lead on lap 111 and would lead until pitting on lap 150 for four tires and fuel. He would regain the lead on lap 155.
– Custer would go on to win his fifth race of the year after leading 88 laps in the final stage.
Chase Briscoe / Ford Performance Ford Mustang Recap:
– Briscoe qualified ninth and finished stage one in 10th to earn one stage point.
– The No. 98 Ford Mustang came down pit road for tires, fuel and track bar adjustments and started stage two in 13th.
– Briscoe advanced to seventh in the opening laps of the stage before scraping the wall on lap 62 and falling to 10th.
– Yellow flag waved on lap 68 and the team pitted to check for damage and restarted in 17th. Chase drove up to 11th and finished stage two there.
– A two-tire stop allowed Briscoe to win the race off of pit road and lead the field to green for the final stage. He lead the opening laps and maintained in the top-five throughout much of the stage.
– A green flag pit stop on lap 153 slotted the No. 98 into the fifth position where Briscoe would ultimately finish to earn his seventh top-five of the season.
Next Up: ROXOR 200 at New Hampshire Motor Speedway in Loudon, New Hampshire on July 20th.
TIL NEXT TIME, I AM STILL WORKING ON MY REDNECK!