No. 19 Auto-Owners Insurance Toyota Camry News and Notes
- TRUEX AT KENTUCKY: In eight career Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series (MENCS) starts at Kentucky Speedway, Martin Truex Jr. owns a pair of victories, two-five finishes, five top-10s and one pole award. Overall, he has led 373 laps at the 1.5-mile track. Truex has qualified seventh or better in the past four Kentucky races and finished in the top 10 in the last three trips to the track.
- BACK-TO-BACK WINS: Truex has been dominant in earning two consecutive victories at Kentucky Speedway. In the past two races, he won the pole in 2018 and qualified second in 2017. The Mayetta, N.J. native swept both stages each year and combined to lead 326 of 541 total laps.
- 1.5-MILE LEADER: Truex’s 8.5-average finish on 1.5-mile tracks so far this season leads all drivers. Through six races on 1.5-mile tracks, Truex has one win to go along with two top-five finishes and four top-10s.
- AUTO-OWNERS: Auto-Owners Insurance will be featured as the primary sponsor of Truex’s No. 19 Camry this weekend at Kentucky Speedway. The Lansing, Michigan-based company offers multiple lines of insurance, including life, home, auto and business to customers in 26 states. In addition to supporting Truex on the track, the company has also become a key partner supporting the Martin Truex Jr. Foundation through multiple initiatives such as “Ride With Martin”, a fundraising program started by Auto-Owners that allows company associates to have their names placed on the hood of Truex’s race car in exchange for a donation to the Martin Truex Jr. Foundation.
- DALE JR. GLOVES: Truex is one of the drivers participating in The Dale Jr. Foundation’s Driven to Give Gloves Program this weekend. He will wear Dale Earnhardt Jr.’s trademark black and white skeleton gloves throughout practice, qualifying and the race. Afterwards, Truex will sign one glove and Earnhardt will sign the other to be auctioned off at www.nascarfoundation.org/dalejr beginning Friday, July 12. Proceeds from the auction will go to benefit the work Earnhardt and his wife, Amy, are doing to help kids everywhere.
- TRACKSIDE LIVE: Truex will stop by the Trackside Live stage in the fan midway area outside the front stretch Friday afternoon at 4:45 p.m. for a question-and-answer session.
- KIDS AUTOGRAPH SESSION: Truex will participate in this weekend’s NASCAR kids autograph session beginning Saturday at 3:30 p.m. in the fan midway area outside the front stretch.
- JGR AT KENTUCKY: Joe Gibbs Racing has picked up three wins at Kentucky Speedway. In 28 combined starts, the organization owns 14 top-five finishes and 17 top-10s.
- TUNE IN: Coverage of this weekend’s race at Kentucky Speedway begins Saturday at 7:30 p.m. ET on NBC Sports Network, PRN Radio and Sirius XM NASCAR Radio.
Martin Truex Jr., Driver of the No. 19 Auto-Owners Insurance Toyota Camry
Talk about what makes Kentucky Speedway so challenging.
“The tricky part about Kentucky Speedway is (turns) one and two have a lot of banking and then (turns) three and four are flat, so you gain so much speed going through one and two that getting into three is really tricky, really loose and not a lot of grip. The biggest thing is trying to get your car to work on both ends of the racetrack. My guys have done a great job of that the last couple years and we’ve been able to go to victory lane a few times. Hopefully we can do it again this year.”
TIL NEXT TIME, I AM STILL WORKING ON MY REDNECK!