Date: July 5, 2019
Race Name: Firecracker 250 (Race 16 of 33)
Venue: Daytona International Speedway in Daytona Beach, Florida
Series: NASCAR Xfinity Series
Race Winner: Ross Chastain of Kaulig Racing (Chevrolet)
Results: Cole Custer: 27th | Chase Briscoe: 36th
– Cole Custer: 3rd with 637 points; trails points leader by 81 points
– Chase Briscoe: 10th with 498 points; trails points leader by 220 points
Cole Custer / Jacob Companies Ford Mustang Recap:
– Custer qualified in the 15th position and stayed there for most of Stage 1. He would obtain damage from two separate incidents, putting him in the 19th finishing position for the stage.
– The team would not pit after Stage 1 and would restart in fifth position. He would race around the top-10 for most of Stage 2.
– The No. 00 Jacob Companies Ford Mustang would muscle his way to an eighth place finish in Stage 2, earning him three stage points.
– Custer started the final stage fifth but would drop to 18th as he would obtain damage from another wreck.
– After a yellow flag on lap 73, the No. 00 would pit to repair damage and to check the toe of the car. He would restart 20th when they went back green.
– A wreck ahead of Custer would end the teams day as the No. 00 had nowhere to go and would wind up within the wreck. He would finish in the 27th position.
Chase Briscoe / Ford Performance Ford Mustang Recap:
– Briscoe qualified 10th and made it up as high as fifth on the opening lap. Yellow flag flew on lap nine and the No. 98 was shuffled back to 12th.
– A caution with seven laps remaining in stage one allowed the team to pit for tires, fuel and track bar adjustments and stay out at the conclusion of the stage. He finished the stage in 12th.
– Briscoe started stage two in second and ran up front for a few laps before being shuffled back to 15th. He was caught up in a wreck on lap 46 and was unable to return to the race.
– The No. 98 Ford was credited with a 36th place finish.
Next Up: Alsco 300 at Kentucky Speedway in Sparta, Kentucky on July 12th at 7:30 p.m. ET broadcast by NBCSN.
TIL NEXT TIME, I AM STILL WORKING ON MY REDNECK!