No. 18 DEX Imaging Toyota Supra News and Notes:
- BURTON AT IOWA SPEEDWAY: Harrison Burton has made six starts at Iowa Speedway in three different series. His most recent race at Iowa was in 2018 in the Gander Outdoor Truck Series (GOTS) for Kyle Busch Motorsports where he won the pole and finished third. In 2017, Burton ran three races at Iowa Speedway. In the Gander Outdoor Truck Series race, he started 14th and finished 11th. He started and finished sixth in the ARCA Menards Series race. In the K&N East race, Burton started ninth and finished fourth. In July 2016, Burton ran his first race at Iowa Speedway in the ARCA Menards Series where he finished third. Later that month, he ran the K&N East race where he started 12th and finished 15th.
- WELCOME TO JGR: Burton joins JGR for eight races during the 2019 Xfinity Series season. In his first race of the year at Bristol Motor Speedway, Burton qualified fifth and ran all 300 laps, finishing 10th. Burton will also compete at New Hampshire Motor Speedway (July 20), Richmond International Raceway (September 20), Charlotte Motor Speedway (September 28), Dover International Speedway (October 5), Kansas Speedway (October 19) and Texas Motor Speedway (November 2). Burton shares the No. 18 Supra with veteran Kyle Busch, Denny Hamlin, Jeffery Earnhardt and Riley Herbst.
- FULLTIME TUNDRA RIDE: In addition to his Xfinity Series races, Burton competes full time for Kyle Busch Motorsports driving the No. 18 Toyota Tundra in the Gander Outdoor Truck Series. Nine races into the season, he has three top-five finishes, five top-10 finishes and has led two laps.
- DOUBLE DUTY: In addition to the Xfinity Series race, Burton will drive the No. 18 Toyota Tundra in the Gander Outdoor Truck Series Store at Iowa Speedway. The M&M’s 200 presented by Casey’s General will be Saturday, June 15 at 8:30 p.m.
- JGR AT IOWA SPEEDWAY: Joe Gibbs Racing (JGR) has 52 total starts at Iowa Speedway in the NASCAR Xfinity Series. In those starts, the team has earned six wins, 20 top-five finishes, 33 top-10 finishes and eight pole starting positions. The team has led 1,528 laps, completed 12,917 of 13,090 attempted laps (98.7%) and earned an average start of 6.5 and an average finish of 9.8. Sam Hornish Jr. won twice for JGR. Christopher Bell, Kyle Busch, Erik Jones and Ryan Preece have one win each at Iowa.
- MICHIGAN RECAP: Last weekend, Riley Herbst and the No. 18 Monster Energy Toyota Supra team qualified 30th for the LTi Printing 250. A run-in with the wall ended Herbst’s day on the 12th lap of the race resulting in the team finishing 37th.
- THIS WEEK ON THE NO. 18 SUPRA: DEX Imaging will serve as the primary partner for the No. 18 Toyota Supra team.
- RACE INFO: The NASCAR Xfinity Series CircuitCity.com 250 presented by Tamron at Iowa Speedway is scheduled for Sunday, June 16, 2019. Coverage will begin at 5:30 p.m. ET on Fox Sports 1 and MRN Radio.
No. 18 Toyota Supra 2019 Season Stats:
|Starts||Wins||Top 5||Top 10||Poles||Laps Led||Avg. Start||Avg. Finish|
From the Driver’s Seat:
Harrison Burton: “I’m really excited to get back racing with the Xfinity series guys. It’s always fun watching them on TV, but it’s even more fun watching from inside the racecar. I’m excited to get back and attack. It’s going to be really cool doing a double duty weekend, and it’s one of my very first times doing that. It will be really fun to race the Xfinity car and the Truck in the same weekend, to see how one can help me with the other and vice versa.”
TIL NEXT TIME, I AM STILL WORKING ON MY REDNECK!