News and Notes:
- The Hawkeye State Stats… Grant Enfinger has two NASCAR Gander Outdoors Truck Series starts at Iowa Speedway, with a track-best start of 10th (2017), and a track best finish of fourth (2017). Additionally, the Protect The Harvest driver has six ARCA Menards Series starts at the 7/8-mile track since 2008. His success includes 38 laps led en route to one win (2013), four top-five and five top-10 finishes.
- This Week’s No. 98 Protect The Harvest/Curb Records Ford F-150… The No. 98 ThorSport Racing team will unload chassis No. 42 for Saturday’s M&M’s 200 at Iowa Speedway. This particular chassis finished fourth at Dover International Speedway, and ninth at Charlotte Motor Speedway, in May.
- Playoff Profile… With nine of the 16 races complete on the road to the Playoffs, Enfinger is currently ranked third on the Playoff Grid, behind ThorSport Racing teammate, Johnny Sauter and Daytona International Speedway winner, Austin Hill. Enfinger, who is currently first in the driver point standings, has one Stage win and one Playoff point.
- 2019 Outlook… Enfinger has been the Gander Trucks point leader through six of the first nine races of the season. Furthermore, the ThorSport Racing driver has not dropped below second in the point standings. Completing 99.93 percent of the laps (1439 of 1440) in 2019, Enfinger has lead at least one lap in seven of the last nine races, leading a total of 110 laps this season. The Protect The Harvest driver has one pole (Texas, March), five top-five and eight top-10 finishes.
- Triple Truck Challenge… Saturday’s Gander Trucks race at Iowa Speedway marks the second of three races in the new Triple Truck Challenge, a program that will award a $50,000 bonus to the race winner of Saturday’s 200 lap event.
- Ford Fact… Ford powered F-150’s have found victory lane 99 times since 1995 in the Gander Trucks, but they are still looking for their first manufacture win at Iowa Speedway.
- Take Me Back – Texas (June)… Enfinger started third, led a race-high 44 laps, finishing third in Stage 1, fourth in Stage 2, and brining home a fourth-place finish. The solid run was the ThorSport Racing drivers fourth top-five finish at Texas Motor Speedway, and his fifth top-five in nine starts this season.
- Truck Series Stats… Enfinger has 69 career Gander Trucks starts to his credit. His success includes four poles, and 381 laps led en route to two wins, 23 top-five and 43 top-10 finishes.
- Welcome Back – Protect The Harvest… Protect The Harvest will once again adorn the No. 98 Ford F-150 of Grant Enfinger for Saturday night’s M&M’s 200 at Iowa Speedway. Protect The Harvest, which was created to defend and preserve the freedoms of American consumers, farmers, ranchers, outdoor enthusiasts and animal owners, is a nonprofit organization whose objectives are to inform, protect and respond, providing resources to educate those who may be unaware their rights are in danger. For more information, visit www.ProtectTheHarvest.com.
- Catch Grant at Iowa… Enfinger will join his ThorSport Racing teammates for a series autograph session under the Turn 4 end of the grandstands at Iowa Speedway on Saturday, June 15, from 1:00 – 1:45 p.m. CT.
Chatting with Grant Enfinger…
“Iowa Speedway is a place I always look forward to. It’s a really fun track – it’s got some bumps, and some character. You can move all the way from the top, to the bottom, and a lot of times those grooves change through the course of a tire run. Just a super fun track from a driver’s standpoint. For some reason though we’ve kind of struggled there the last couple of years, but I feel really good about our program this year. We’ve had some really fast Ford F-150’s at every race we’ve been to this year and I have no doubt we’ll have another fast one at Iowa this weekend.”
TIL NEXT TIME, I AM STILL WORKING ON MY REDNECK!