No. 22 DXC Technology Dallara/Chevrolet – Simon Pagenaud
Laps Completed: 248/248
Laps Led: 0
Points Position: 3rd (-48 pts)
- Simon Pagenaud and the No. 22 DXC Technology Dallara/Chevrolet team continued to show their consistency this season finishing sixth at Texas Motor Speedway’s Saturday night race – allowing them to maintain the third position in IndyCar Series championship point standings.
- The team’s first pit stop of the evening on lap 59 saw the No. 22 DXC Technology Chevrolet taking fuel and tires in an effort to move through the field.
- On lap 122, Pagenaud returned to the pits in an effort to correct an understeer issue by taking tires, fuel and receiving a front wing adjustment.
- By lap 208, the 2019 Indianapolis 500 champion found himself in the sixth position where he would remain until the checkered flag waved.
- With an off-weekend approaching, the team plans to work on their road course program in advance of the series’ next race at Road America.
Quote: “It was definitely an interesting race. There was a lot of fuel saving tonight. We had the speed, we just had to save a lot of fuel to play the strategy game. I think obviously the crew did a fantastic job with the DXC Technology Chevrolet in pit lane all night as usual. The strategy was good. At the end we were sitting third and I think that’s really where we should have ended up. I made a little mistake on the restart, I thought I had a right rear puncture and ended up finishing sixth. That’s the part I’m disappointed about but otherwise it was a great day. It was a good points day considering what happened. It’s always such an attrition race here and leaving third in points, halfway to the championship, is really comfortable and really good. We’ll keep on rolling. Thanks to DXC Technology this weekend for an awesome activation and great experience for the fans.”
TIL NEXT TIME, I AM STILL WORKING ON MY REDNECK!