Event: SpeedyCash.com 400 (Race 9 of 23), 167 Laps – 40/40/87; 250.5 MilesLocation: Texas Motor Speedway in Fort Worth (1.5-mile quad-oval)Date/Broadcast: June 7, 2019 at 9 p.m. ET on FS1, MRN and SiriusXM NASCAR 90What You Need to Know
- Todd Gilliland and the No. 4 Mobil 1 Tundra team will roll into Texas Motor Speedway for the second time this season for this Friday’s SpeedyCash.com 400. Gilliland has three starts at the Fort Worth-area facility, one top-five finish and two top-10 finishes with an average finish of 8.0. Last year, the 19-year-old was poised to take the win in November, before running out of fuel on the final lap while in the lead.
- In the last Gander Trucks race, at Charlotte Motor Speedway in May, Gilliland started third and picked up his fourth top-ten finish of 2019 in seventh. After qualifying third for the Friday night race, Gilliland quickly jumped to the lead. He led until team owner Kyle Busch passed him on lap 5. The 19-year-old would lead a total of seven laps. The No. 4 team dealt with a tight handling condition on the Mobil 1 Tundra and some late race fender damage, but picked up their fourth top-10 of the season with a seventh-place finish.
- So far in 2019, Gilliland has recorded one top-five and four top-10 finishes and has an average starting position of 8.5 and an average finish of 11.1. He currently ranks eighth in the Gander Trucks championship standings with eight races completed, just one point ahead of teammate Harrison Burton.
- In 33 Gander Outdoors Truck Series starts, the 19-year-old has amassed 16 top-10 finishes, with seven top-fives, and one pole. He has led 209 laps and has a career best finish of second place.
- The world’s leading synthetic motor oil brand, Mobil 1 features anti-wear technology that provides performance beyond our conventional motor oils. This technology allows Mobil 1 to meet or exceed the toughest standards of car builders and to provide exceptional protection against engine wear, under normal or even some of the most extreme conditions. Mobil 1 flows quickly in extreme temperatures to protect critical engine parts and is designed to maximize engine performance and help extend engine life.
- In 33 career Gander Trucks starts he has collected one pole, seven top-five and 16 top-10 finishes and led 209 laps. Gilliland earned a career-best second-place finish at Gateway Motorsports Park in Madison, Ill., in June of 2018.
- Has posted two wins, one pole, five top-five and seven top-10 finishes resulting in an average finish of 6.0 across eight career ARCA Racing Series starts. He became the youngest winner in series history with his victory at Toledo (Ohio) Speedway two days after his 15th birthday in May of 2015 and his most recent win came at Talladega (Ala.) Superspeedway on May 3, 2019.
- Crowned the 2016 NASCAR K&N Pro Series West champion after collecting six wins, six poles, 11 top-five and 13 top-10 finishes, making him the youngest champion in the history of any NASCAR national or touring series. Won a second consecutive K&N Pro Series West championship in 2017 after recording six wins, seven poles, 937 laps led, 11 top-five and 13 top-10 finishes across 14 starts.
- In 23 NASCAR K&N Pro Series East starts has accumulated seven wins, two poles, 15 top-five and 21 top-10 finishes resulting in an average finish of 4.5. His most recent victory came at Bristol (Tenn.) Motor Speedway in April of 2018.
Todd Gilliland’s No. 4 Mobil 1 Tundra:KBM-057: The No. 4 Mobil 1 team has prepared KBM-057 for Friday’s SpeedyCash.com 400 at Texas Motor Speedway. Gilliland raced this chassis earlier this season at Las Vegas Motor Speedway and Charlotte Motor Speedway to a pair of seventh-place finishes.
KBM-057 Performance Profile
|Starts||Wins||Average Start||Average Finish||Laps Led|
KBM Notes of Interest
- KBM drivers have 44 starts at Texas Motor Speedway and have earned six wins, 13 top-five and 28 top-10 finishes, with an average starting position of 8.9 and an average finish of 10.9.
- Owner-driver Kyle Busch has captured three of the team’s six victories at Texas Motor Speedway, including the most recent one earlier this season (Nov. 2010, Nov. 2014, March 2019), and Erik Jones (Nov. 2015), William Byron (June 2016), and Christopher Bell (June 2017) each earned one.
- KBM holds the Gander Truck Series records for most career wins (73) and most wins in a single season (14 in 2014). In addition to collecting a series-record six Owner’s Championships, the organization has produced two championship-winning drivers; Erik Jones (2015) and Christopher Bell (2017).
TIL NEXT TIME, I AM STILL WORKING ON MY REDNECK!