|· Dynamic Duo: While this is Harvick’s 19th year in the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series, it’s his sixth with crew chief Rodney Childers. Since joining forces at Stewart-Haas Racing (SHR) in 2014, Harvick and Childers have combined to produce 22 points-paying victories, a victory in the non-points-paying 2018 Monster Energy NASCAR All-Star Race at Charlotte (N.C.) Motor Speedway, 22 poles, 99 top-five finishes and 136 top-10s while leading 8,937 laps. They won the 2014 championship, finished runner-up in the 2015 title chase to champion Kyle Busch, finished eighth in 2016 and third in 2017 and 2018. The team has qualified for the Championship 4 at Homestead-Miami Speedway four times in the last five years.
· Harvick has career totals of 45 wins, 28 poles, 196 top-fives, 345 top-10s and 13,363 laps led in660 starts.
· His most recent Cup Series win came 17 races ago at Texas Motor Speedway in Fort Worth (Nov. 4, 2018).
· His last Busch Pole came three races ago at Kansas Speedway in Kansas City (May 10, 2019).
· Michigan Numerology – Harvick has two wins, one pole, seven second-place finishes, 12 top-fives, 17 top-10s and has led a total of 480 laps in his 36 career NASCAR Cup Series starts at Michigan. His average start is 15.0, his average finish is 12.1 and he has a lap-completion rate of 99.4 percent – 6,932 of the 6,974 laps available.
· Harvick at Michigan since 2014 – The combination of Harvick competing at Michigan in SHR equipment is impressive. In his last 10 NASCAR Cup Series starts at Michigan – all of which have come with SHR – Harvick has one win and four runner-up finishes and only one finish worse than 14th (29th in June 2015). And of the 480 total laps Harvick has led at Michigan dating back to his rookie year in 2001, 331 (68.9 percent) have come with SHR despite only 10 (27.7 percent) of his 36 Michigan starts being with SHR.
· Laps Led: Harvick has led 8,937 laps in 194 races since joining SHR in 2014. That’s an average of 46.06 laps led per race.
· Points Position: Harvick arrives at Michigan fifth in the NASCAR Cup Series standings with 500 points, 68 markers behind leader Kyle Busch.
· Xfinity and Trucks at Michigan: Harvick has competed in 11 NASCAR Xfinity Series races with one win and nine top-10 finishes. He has driven in four NASCAR Gander Outdoors Series events and has one win and four top-11 finishes.
· Harvick’s Happy Hours on SiriusXM Radio: Harvick is entering the third year as the co-host ofHappy Hours on SiriusXM Radio channel 90. The show debuted March 28, 2017 and airs on Wednesdays from 1 to 3 p.m. EDT, featuring Harvick’s distinctive perspective on the sport and life outside the track. Harvick and co-host Matt Yocum take calls from listeners and give NASCAR fans a unique view on the driver’s life and interests when he is away from the racecar.
· Harvick the Broadcaster: Harvick has once again worked in the television booth for FOX at select Xfinity Series races in 2019. His eighth and final race is Saturday at Michigan.
· 106 and Counting – Harvick scored his 100th career win in NASCAR’s top three series when he won the Cup Series race at Las Vegas in March 2018. He now has 106 total victories after his most recent Cup Series win in November 2018 at Texas – 45 in the Cup Series, 47 in the Xfinity Series and 14 in the Truck Series. Only three other drivers in NASCAR history have passed 100 wins in NASCAR’s top three series: Richard Petty, David Pearson and Kyle Busch.
TIL NEXT TIME, I AM STILL WORKING ON MY REDNECK!