Grant Enfinger, No. 98 Protect The Harvest/Curb Records Ford F-150NASCAR Gander Outdoors Truck SeriesTexas Motor Speedway – SpeedyCash.com 400Race No. 9 of 23
Team Info/Stats: Crew Chief: Jeff Hensley2019 Driver Point Standings: 1st (+15)2019 Owner Point Standings: 2nd (-35)Spotter: Joe White News and Notes:
- Lone Star Stats… Grant Enfinger will make his sixth NASCAR Gander Outdoors Truck Series (NGOTS) start at the Texas Motor Speedway (TMS) Friday night. In five previous starts at the 1.5-mile track, the ThorSport Racing driver has led 16 laps en route to three top-five and four top-10 finishes, with one pole (2019-1), and a track-best finish of third (2017-1).
- This Week’s No. 98 Protect The Harvest/Curb Records Ford F-150… The No. 98 ThorSport Racing team will unload chassis No. 44 for Friday night’s Gander Trucks SpeedyCash.com 400 at TMS. This is the same chassis Enfinger drove to victory lane at Las Vegas Motor Speedway (September 2018), and started on the pole with at TMS (2019), and Homestead-Miami Speedway (November 2018).
- View From The Top… Enfinger continues to lead the Gander Trucks driver points standings, with a 15 point lead over second place, heading into the ninth race of the season at TMS. In the first eight races of 2019, the ThorSport Racing driver has an average finish of 5.9, and has only one finish outside the top-10 (Las Vegas).
- Triple Truck Challenge… Friday night’s Gander Trucks Series race marks the first of three races in the new Triple Truck Challenge, a program that provides drivers an opportunity to win up to $500,000 in bonus money. Slated for the next three series stops at TMS (June 7), Iowa Speedway (June 15) and World Wide Technology Raceway at Gateway (June 22), the Triple Truck Challenge will award a $50,000 bonus to the race winner of any one of the three events, an additional $150,000 to win two of the three events, and a cool half a million dollars to win all three events.
- Ford Fact… Ford powered F-150’s have found victory lane 99 times since 1995 in the Gander Trucks, including three times at TMS with Kenny Irwin, Jr. (1997), Tony Raines (1998), and Greg Biffle (2000).
- Intermediate Track Facts… In 30 starts on an intermediate-size track (1.5-1.54-miles) in his Gander Trucks career, Enfinger has two poles (Homestead, 2018 and Texas, 2019), one win (Las Vegas, 2018), and has led 166 laps en route to nine top-five, and 22 top-10 finishes.
- Take Me Back – Charlotte… Enfinger started ninth, finished third in both Stages, and finished ninth. The solid finish was the ThorSport Racing driver’s seventh top-10 finish in eight starts this season.
- Truck Series Stats… Enfinger has 68 career Gander Trucks starts to his credit. His success includes four poles, and 337 laps led en route to two wins, 22 top-five and 42 top-10 finishes.
- Welcome Back – Protect The Harvest… For the third time this season, Protect The Harvest will adorn the No. 98 Ford F-150 of Grant Enfinger at TMS for Friday night’s SpeedyCash.com 400. Protect The Harvest, which was created to defend and preserve the freedoms of American consumers, farmers, ranchers, outdoor enthusiasts and animal owners, is a nonprofit organization whose objectives are to inform, protect and respond, providing resources to educate those who may be unaware their rights are in danger. For more information, visit www.ProtectTheHarvest.com.
Chatting with Grant Enfinger…
“Texas should be a great race for us. We’ve run strong there in the past, and we’re where we need to be as a team to challenge for a win Friday night. We had a great F-150 at Texas earlier this season, but conditions will be different this time. The track temp will be significantly higher, and with no added track prep, the grip level will be down a good bit. With Turns 1 and 2 being very flat, while Turns 3 and 4 are high banked, it definitely adds a challenge to getting the truck right. Friday night kicks off the first of three races in the Triple Truck Challenge, and we want to start it off the right way, in victory lane.”
TIL NEXT IME, I AM STILL WORKING ON MY REDNECK!