No. 19 Bass Pro Shops Toyota Camry News and Notes
- TRUEX AT CHARLOTTE: Martin Truex Jr. owns two victories in 26 Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series starts at Charlotte Motor Speedway. The most dominant performance of Truex’s Cup career came in the 2016 Coca-Cola 600 when he won the pole, led a race record 392 of 400 laps and claimed the victory. He has led the most laps in three of the past four Coca-Cola 600s and finished in the top five in the past four Memorial Day weekend races at the track.
- ALL-STAR RECAP: The No. 19 Bass Pro Shops team finished 10th in last weekend’s Monster Energy NASCAR All-Star Race at Charlotte Motor Speedway. After starting fifth, Truex immediately moved up to third in the opening segment and challenged for the runner-up spot. He was shuffled out of the lead group on a restart and found himself trying to battle back for the rest of the race. Truex’s Camry eventually suffered damage in the final stage that prevented him from making one last charge to the front.
- CPO NICHOLAS NULL: Truex and the No. 19 team will honor Chief Petty Officer Nicholas Null this Memorial Day weekend. CPO Null, a native of Parkersburg, W.V., was a highly decorated combat veteran who served in the Navy for multiple deployments around the world in support of the Global War on Terror. CPO Null’s awards include two Bronze Star Medals with Valor and Exceptional Heroism, Purple Heart Medal, two Navy and Marine Corps Commendation Medals with Valor, two Iraqi Campaign Medals, two Afghanistan Campaign Medals, Presidential Unit Commendation and numerous other personal and unit decorations.
- BASS PRO SHOPS: Bass Pro Shops will be featured as primary sponsor of the No. 19 Camry this Sunday in Charlotte. A longtime supporter of Truex, Bass Pro Shops is North America’s premier outdoor and conservation company. Founded in 1972 when avid young angler Johnny Morris. began selling tackle out of his father’s liquor store in Springfield, Missouri. Today the company provides customers with unmatched offerings spanning premier destination retail, outdoor equipment manufacturing, world-class resort destinations and more.
- RED, WHITE AND BLUE: Similar to the All-Star Race, Truex’s No. 19 Bass Pro Shops Camry will feature a red, white and blue design for this weekend’s race to honor the United States military and Bass Pro Shops’ relationship with the United Service Organizations (USO).
- AUTOGRAPH SESSION: Truex will sign autographs for fans at the Bass Pro Shops location inside Concord Mills (8181 Concord Mills Blvd, Concord, NC 28027) Thursday morning at 11 a.m. 200 wristbands for the autograph session will be distributed beginning Thursday morning at 9 a.m.
- MEDIA ROTATION: Truex will visit the Charlotte Motor Speedway media center Thursday at 6:05 p.m. as part of NASCAR’s media rotation.
- JGR AT CHARLOTTE: Joe Gibbs Racing owns six victories at Charlotte Motor Speedway including Kyle Busch’s win in the 2018 Coca-Cola 600. In 126 combined starts, the organization has recorded 49 top-five finishes, 76 top-10s and 10 pole awards.
- TUNE IN: Coverage of the Coca-Cola 600 begins Sunday, May 26 at 6 p.m. ET on FOX, PRN Radio and Sirius XM NASCAR.
Martin Truex Jr., Driver of the No. 19 Bass Pro Shops Toyota Camry
Outlook going into this weekend’s race…
“Charlotte has been a really strong track for us the past few years. I felt good about how our car drove in the All-Star Race last weekend, so that gives me confidence going into this weekend that we can make some of those same things work in the 600. I liked how we were shaping up on the one longer run at the start of the All-Star Race where we kind of ran down the front two cars. Then we got screwed up with the restarts and shorter stages and never really showed how fast our car was. Even when we got back in the pack, our car drove pretty good, so I’m looking forward to getting into a normal race mode and see where we stack up.”
TIL NEXT TIME, I AM STILL WORKING ON MY REDNECK!