Grant Enfinger, No. 98 Protect The Harvest/Curb Records Ford F-150
NASCAR Gander Outdoors Truck Series
Charlotte Motor Speedway – NC Education Lottery 200
Race No. 8 of 23
Crew Chief: Jeff Hensley
2019 Driver Point Standings: 1st (+13)
2019 Owner Point Standings: 2nd
Spotter: Chris Lambert
News and Notes:
- Charlotte Shakedown… Grant Enfinger will make his third NASCAR Gander Outdoors Truck Series (Gander Trucks) start at Charlotte Motor Speedway (CMS) Friday. In two previous starts at the 1.5-mile track, the ThorSport Racing driver has a track-best start of fifth (2018), and a track-best finish of seventh (2017).
- This Week’s No. 98 Protect The Harvest/Curb Records Ford F-150… The No. 98 ThorSport Racing team will unload chassis No. 42 for Friday’s Gander Trucks North Carolina Education Lottery 200. This particular chassis was last seen at Dover International Speedway, earlier this month, where Enfinger started sixth and finished fourth.
- The View From The Top…For the second straight week, Enfinger remains the Gander Truck driver points leader heading into the eighth race of the season at CMS. Among the current top-five drivers in the driver points standings, Enfinger has an average finish of 5.4 compared to 9.1, 9.4, 9.1 and 9.7, respectively. Furthermore, Enfinger ranks third, with 64 points, among drivers with the most stage points accumulated over the first seven races of the season.
- Ford Fact… Ford powered F-150’s have found victory lane 99 times since 1995 in the Gander Trucks, but have yet to win at Charlotte Motor Speedway.
- Intermediate Track Facts… In 29 starts on an intermediate-size track (1.5-1.54-miles) in his Gander Trucks career, Enfinger has two poles (Homestead, 2018 and Texas, 2019), one win (Las Vegas, 2018), and has led 164 laps en route to nine top-five, and 21 top-10 finishes.
- Take Me Back – Kansas… Enfinger started 13th, finished fourth in both Stages, and finished a track-best seventh at Kansas Speedway. The solid finish was the ThorSport Racing driver’s sixth top-10 finish in seven starts this season.
- Truck Series Stats… Enfinger has 67 career Gander Truck starts to his credit. His success includes four poles, and 335 laps led en route to two wins, 22 top-five and 41 top-10 finishes.
- Welcome Back – Protect The Harvest… For the second consecutive week, Protect The Harvest will adorn the No. 98 Ford F-150 of Grant Enfinger at CMS for Friday night’s NC Education Lottery 200. Protect The Harvest, which was created to defend and preserve the freedoms of American consumers, farmers, ranchers, outdoor enthusiasts and animal owners, is a nonprofit organization whose objectives are to inform, protect and respond, providing resources to educate those who may be unaware their rights are in danger. For more information, visit www.ProtectTheHarvest.com.
- Catch Grant at Charlotte… Enfinger will join his ThorSport Racing teammates at the Ford Display, in the Midway at CMS, Friday at 3 p.m. ET.
Chatting with Grant Enfinger…
“Charlotte’s a place on the circuit that everyone is looking forward to getting to because it’s where most of us are from. That’s not exactly the case for ThorSport Racing, who is based out of Ohio. So, not much of a hometown crowd for those guys, but we all still have a lot of friends and family there. I know everyone else is excited about the race, but I’m more excited about getting through Charlotte. It seems like the last couple of years, myself and Jeff Hensley (crew chief) have just struggled – missing it a little bit. I say that jokingly. I feel like we’ve got a really good package this week, we’re bringing our best mile-and-a-half truck, truck 42, so I am excited about it. At the same time though, in the back of my mind, we’ve just run so bad there the last couple of years. We’ve got some momentum coming off Kansas last week – something to prove, and I have confidence in the guys working on it, so I feel like we’ll be good.”
TIL NEXT TIME, I AM STILL WORKING ON MY REDNECK!