No. 19 Bass Pro Shops Toyota Camry News and Notes
- TRUEX ALL-STAR STATS: Martin Truex Jr. has earned a top-five finish and two top-10s in eight career Monster Energy NASCAR All-Star Race starts. His best finish – second – came in the 2010 All-Star Race. Last year, he led a career-best 17 laps before being collected in a late-race accident. The Mayetta, N.J. native raced his way into the All-Star Race by winning the Open in 2007 and 2010. While still competing fulltime in the NASCAR Xfinity Series, Truex received the Fan Vote entry into the All-Star Race in 2005.
- LAST WEEK IN KANSAS: After starting 31st, Truex and the No. 19 team battled the handling of their Camry throughout the night at Kansas Speedway on the way to a 19th-place finish.
- CATWALK FOR A CAUSE: The Martin Truex Jr. Foundation is hosting its 10th annual Catwalk for a Cause event Wednesday evening at the Statesville Regional Airport in Statesville, N.C. The highlight of the night is a fashion show featuring Catwalk Heroes, children who are in treatment or remission from cancer, strutting the runway with NASCAR drivers and their spouses. The start-studded evening includes a cocktail hour featuring musical entertainment, silent and live auctions, a fashion show and concert. Country music singer and songwriters Adam Sanders and Taylor Phillips will be opening this year’s After-Party concert for 2016 CMA New Artist of the Year winner Cole Swindell.
- BASS PRO SHOPS: Bass Pro Shops will be featured as primary sponsor of the No. 19 Camry for the All-Star Race. A longtime supporter of Truex, Bass Pro Shops is North America’s premier outdoor and conservation company. Founded in 1972 when avid young angler Johnny Morris. began selling tackle out of his father’s liquor store in Springfield, Missouri. Today the company provides customers with unmatched offerings spanning premier destination retail, outdoor equipment manufacturing, world-class resort destinations and more.
- RED, WHITE AND BLUE: Truex’s No. 19 Bass Pro Shops Camry will feature a special red, white and blue design for the Monster Energy NASCAR All-Star Race and the Coca-Cola 600 honoring the United States military and Bass Pro Shops’ relationship with the United Service Organizations (USO).
- JGR ALL-STAR HISTORY: Joe Gibbs Racing has earned a pair of victories in the annual Monster Energy NASCAR All-Star Race. Both victories have come in the past five years as Denny Hamlin won the race in 2015 and Kyle Busch took the checkers in 2017.
- TUNE IN: Coverage of All-Star Race activities begins Sunday at 6 p.m. ET on FOX Sports 1, MRN Radio and Sirius XM NASCAR.
Martin Truex Jr., Driver of the No. 19 Bass Pro Shops Toyota Camry
- “I’m not really sure what to expect in the All-Star Race. We haven’t run Charlotte yet with this rules package, and there are going to be a few tweaks to it for the All-Star Race. It’s really up in the air. It’s always a fun weekend. The All-Star Race always has a great atmosphere, the Saturday night short track feel. The short little stages are like heat races. It’s usually a lot of fun. You do not have to worry about points. It’s fun all the way up until it’s not. Last year, we had a lot of fun. We thought we could win it, and then we got caught up in wreck, and our night is over and then your frustrated. It’s exciting and it’s a big night for the sport.”
TIL NEXT TIME, I AM STILL WORKING ON MY REDNECK!