No. 19 Auto-Owners Insurance Toyota Camry News and Notes
- TRUEX AT RICHMOND: Martin Truex Jr. has earned three top-five finishes, nine top-10s and one pole award in Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series competition at Richmond Raceway. While he has yet to earn a MENCS victory at Richmond, Truex has led the most laps in four of the past five races at the track.
- LAST YEAR AT RICHMOND: After starting from the pole in last year’s Toyota Owners 400, Truex led a race-high 121 laps and was in contention for the victory until a late-race miscue on pit road relegated him to a 14th-place finish.
- STARTING STRONG: Truex has started sixth or better in the past five Richmond races, including the pole in last year’s April race. Over that stretch, the 2017 MENCS champion is averaging a 3.6-starting position.
- BRISTOL RECAP: Truex raced his way into the top 10 early in last week’s race at Bristol Motor Speedway and eventually climbed into the top five during the second stage before a loose wheel forced him to make an unscheduled pit stop. The misfortune dropped the No. 19 driver two laps down and he recovered one of those laps over the final stretch of the race to finish 17th.
- AUTO-OWNERS: Auto-Owners Insurance will be featured as the primary sponsor of Truex’s No. 19 Camry again this weekend at Richmond Raceway. Auto-Owners offers multiple lines of insurance, including life, home, auto and business to customers in 26 states. In addition to supporting Truex on the track, the company has also become a key partner supporting the Martin Truex Jr. Foundation through multiple initiatives such as “Ride With Martin”, a fundraising program started by Auto-Owners that allows company associates to have their names placed on the hood of Truex’s race car in exchange for a donation to the Martin Truex Jr. Foundation.
- ASSOCIATE ADDITION: Joe Gibbs Racing announced the addition of Bass Anglers Sportsman Society (B.A.S.S.) as an associate sponsor on Truex’s No. 19 Camry. B.A.S.S. is the world’s largest fishing organization with a growing membership that has now reached 510,000. The company conducts the world’s most prestigious professional bass fishing tournaments and reaches millions of fans each month through its flagship magazine, Bassmaster, Bassmaster.com, and the highly rated The Bassmasters television program.
- JGR AT RICHMOND: Richmond is statistically Joe Gibbs Racing’s best track on the MENCS circuit. The team owns 14 wins – two more than at any other track. Overall, the organization has tallied 41 top-five finishes and 69 top-10s in 131 combined starts at the .75-mile track.
- TUNE IN: Coverage of this weekend’s race at Richmond Raceway begins Saturday night at 7:30 p.m. ET on FOX, MRN Radio and Sirius XM NASCAR Radio.
Martin Truex Jr., Driver of the No. 19 Auto-Owners Insurance Toyota Camry
“We’re looking forward to getting to Richmond this weekend. It’s high on our list of places we want to win at just because we’ve had so much success and been so fast there the past few years and haven’t been able to get to victory lane. Hopefully we can go in there the same way we have the past few years and execute across the board to put ourselves in position to close the deal this time.”
TIL NEXT TIME, I AM STILL WORKING ON MY REDNECK!