No. 22 Menards Dallara/Chevrolet – Simon Pagenaud
Laps Completed: 90/90
Laps Led: 0
Points Position: 12th (-66 pts)
- Simon Pagenaud and the No. 22 Menards Dallara/Chevrolet began their day at Barber Motorsports Park in the 14th position, but through smart pit calls and solid moves on track, the French driver was able to finish with a ninth place finish – his second top-10 finish this season.
- Pagenaud made early contact with Ben Hanley, but the Menards Chevrolet didn’t suffer any damage and the fifth-year Penske driver continued on.
- Pagenaud was running ninth when he stopped for primary Firestone tires and fuel on lap 37. As green-flag stops cycled through, he settled into 14th-place. By lap 50 he was fighting with teammate Will Power for the 10th position
- After an aggressive move on lap 51, he was able to get by Power for 10th place just laps before the only caution flag of the day waved on lap 60.
- With 29 laps to go, he moved inside the top-10 and secured ninth-place with 15 laps left, where he remained until the race was completed.
- Pagenaud has now finished inside the top-10 in all nine of his career starts at Barber.
- Due to the strong top-10 finish, Pagenaud and the No. 22 Menards Dallara/Chevrolet team move into 12th in IndyCar Series championship point standings.
Quote: “It was actually pretty fun out there – a lot of passing, side-by-side racing and a lot of strategy going on. The Menards Chevy was good today, but we weren’t able to start up front and we had to work really hard to try and make up ground. We know we have the pace to win races. I guess we have to be a little more patient. Our next race is one of my favorite tracks at Long Beach and hopefully we can get back on the podium there.”
TIL NEXT TIME, I AM STILL WORKING ON MY REDNECK!