No. 12 Menards/PEAK Ford Mustang – Ryan Blaney
Laps Completed: 59/59
Laps Led: 0
- Ryan Blaney picked his way through a multi-car accident and was rewarded with a fourth-place finish in the Clash Sunday afternoon at Daytona International Speedway.
- Blaney started eighth in the No. 12 Menards/PEAK Ford Mustang. Early in the race he moved to the high line along with fellow Team Penske drivers Brad Keselowski, Joey Logano plus Paul Menard.
- The race was stopped for rain on lap 9. Blaney told crew chief Jeremy Bullins that the Menards/PEAK Ford Mustang was really good, but was fighting a little loose on entry.
- When the race went back green on lap 12, Blaney maintained a position up front until the majority of the field came to pit road on lap 25 (one lap prior to the competition caution) for fuel and a wedge adjustment.
- Blaney was squeezed out of line and shuffled back through the field before the race was halted once again for a rain shower on lap 43.
- The race restarted on lap 47 and Blaney got hooked back up with teammates Logano and Keselowski. The trio were working their way back to the front on the bottom lane of the track. Blaney managed to avoid a 17-car pileup on lap 57 and two laps later the race was stopped for rain, giving the driver of the Menards/PEAK Ford Mustang a fourth-place finish.
“We had a really good Menards/PEAK Ford Mustang. It was a challenge especially on restarts to be on the bottom lane and really get good momentum going. Somehow I managed to avoid the big crash and bring a fourth-place finish. I learned a lot for next week and will put it to good use.”
TIL NEXT TIME, I AM STILL WORKING ON MY REDNECK!