Crew Chief: Jeff Hensley
Driver Point Standings: 3rd
Owner Point Standings: 3rd
Spotter: David Pepper
News and Notes:
- This Week’s No. 98 Curb Records Ford F-150… The No. 98 ThorSport Racing team will unload chassis No. 44 for Friday night’s NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS) Stratosphere 200 at Las Vegas Motor Speedway (LVMS). This is the same chassis Grant Enfinger piloted to a third-place finish at Texas Motor Speedway (June, 2017), and two top-10 finishes at Texas Motor Speedway (November, 2017), and Homestead-Miami Speedway, in 2017.
- Sin City Stats… Grant Enfinger has three NCWTS starts at the 1.5-mile LVMS since 2012. Included in his success is one lap led (2012), and two top-10 finishes (2016 & 2017). The Curb Records driver has a track-best start of ninth (2012), and a track-best finish of ninth (2017).
- 2018 Stats… In two starts this season, Enfinger has led two laps en route to two top-10 finishes. The ThorSport Racing driver has a season-best start of seventh (Daytona), and a season-best finish of sixth (Daytona).
- Truck Series Stats… Enfinger has 39 career NCWTS starts to his credit. His success includes 93 laps led en route to one pole (Daytona, 2016), one win (Talladega, 2016), 11 top-five and 22 top-10 finishes.
- Catch Grant at Las Vegas… Enfinger will join his ThorSport Racing teammates for an autograph session on Friday, March 2, from 1:00-1:45 p.m. PT in the Neon Garage.
Chatting with Grant Enfinger…The Truck Series has only raced in Vegas in the fall. What changes do you expect from the track and how will that affect the handling in your Ford F-150?
“I would expect a little bit more grip in the track this race because the temps should be a little cooler. Other than that, I don’t anticipate any huge changes.”
You had a top-10 run at LVMS last fall but mentioned that you had a shot to win it there at the end. With your solid start to the season, what are your expectations for this race?
“We’ve had a decent start to the year and have already made some improvements from last year. I’m expecting to unload off the hauler really good and be in contention for the win with our F-150 Friday night. The past month and a half is just a huge testament to the hard work and dedication everyone has put in at ThorSport Racing. A lot has happened since Homestead last year, and no one gave up – we’ve brought some fast, tough, Ford F-150’s to the track each week.”
TIL NEXT TIME, I AM STILL WORKING ON MY REDNECK!