|· The Folds of Honor 500 will mark Busch’s 614th career Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series start and his 27th at Atlanta Motor Speedway.
· Busch has one pole, three wins, six top-fives and 12 top-10s at the 1.54-mile oval. Additionally, the 39-year-old driver has led 749 laps, has an average starting position of 15.8, an average finish of 15.6, and has completed 92.5 percent (7,786 of 8,415) of the laps he’s contested there.
· Busch has career total totals of 29 wins, 22 poles, 131 top-fives, 258 top-10s and 8,893 laps led in 613 starts.
· His most recent Cup Series win came 37 races ago in the Daytona 500 at Daytona (Fla.) International Speedway (Feb. 26, 2017).
· His last Cup Series pole came four races ago at Texas Motor Speedway in Fort Worth(Nov. 3, 2017).
· Three Times a Winner at Atlanta – Busch won his first race at Atlanta in October 2002. He had the strongest car of the afternoon, leading a race-high 84 laps and holding the point when rain stopped the race after 248 of a scheduled 325 laps. His second Atlanta win came in March 2009, when he again had a dominant car, leading 235 of the eventual 330 laps to claim the victory in a green-white-checkered finish. His most-recent Atlanta win came in 2010 when, for the second year in a row, he won the spring race. He was in the lead when a horrific accident sent the race into overtime. He was in the lead during the first green-white-checkered finish, when another accident involving seven cars sent the race into another extended period. He was able to hold on and score the win in the second green-white-checkered finish.
· Busch has made one NASCAR Camping World Truck Series start at Atlanta. He finished 10th.
· Get to the Points – With his 26th-place finish Sunday in the season-opening Daytona 500 at Daytona (Fla.) International Speedway, Busch enters Atlanta 16th in the Cup Series championship standings, 31 points behind leader Ryan Blaney.
· Busch led three times for 16 laps in last week’s Daytona 500 and scored the Stage 1 win to earn an additional 10 bonus points and one playoff point.
· The No. 41 Monster Energy/Haas Automation Ford will have several very important partners at Atlanta:
Schoen Insulation Services – 850 Univeter Road in Canton, Georgia 30115 –http://www.schoenins.com/
Schoen Insulation Services is the national leader in the manufacturing of non-metallic machined, turned, and cut parts. The company’s commitment to quality, service, and competitive pricing has expanded its business worldwide. Its full line of manufacturing equipment, coupled with the company’s highly qualified and professional staff, are are designed to meet the most complex needs. With the company’s attention to detail, modern plant and equipment, and honed ISO 9001:2008 processes, excellence is guaranteed in all of its products.
Universal Alloy Corporation – 180 Lamar Haley Parkway in Canton, Georgia 30114 –www.universalalloy.com
UAC began as a tool-and-die shop in Southern California. Since those humble beginnings, it has grown to become one of the world’s leading producers of hard alloy extrusions. Today, UAC has grown to become a strong multinational company that employs more than 1,200 people throughout its facilities in Anaheim, California, Canton, Georgia, and Dumbravita, Romania. When it comes to hard alloy extrusions, there is no better source than UAC. After all, this is what the company does. It isn’t an afterthought, a side business. The company is known around the globe for its high-strength, hard alloy aluminum extrusions with the tightest dimensional tolerances available. Of course, customers also trust the company for precision machining, high-quality assembly, and superior surface treatment, as well.
Sefcor, Inc. – 1150 Uniform Road in Griffin, Georgia 30224 – www.sefcor.com
Since 1971, SEFCOR has built a reputation as a supplier of quality power connectors with short lead times at competitive prices. With sales offices located throughout the United States and Canada, SEFCOR continues its position as the leading supplier of power connectors to the electric power industry. As “the Industry Leader in Service to our Customers,” SEFCOR offers the most experienced technical support in the industry with fast responses to application questions, connector recommendations, and the simplest approach to special application requirements. SEFCOR power connectors are designed in accordance with the latest industry NEMA and ANSI standards and utilize robust design criteria. Production tooling is made in accordance to its exacting standards, and are carefully tested, checked and inspected rigorously to ensure dimensional accuracy before production begins.
Haas Factory Outlet Phillips – 8500 Triad Drive, Colfax, NC 27235 in Colfax, North Carolina 27235 – www.hfophillips.com
Haas Factory Outlet – Phillips, a division of Phillips Corp, is an exclusive dealer of Haas Automation CNC machine tools, serving Alabama, Arkansas, Delaware, Eastern Pennsylvania, Georgia, Maryland, North Carolina, Southern Carolina, Southern New Jersey and Tennessee. Phillips offers outstanding Haas sales, service, training, applications, and spare parts. Phillips also supports manufacturing education through the Haas Technical Education Centers at the University of North Carolina, Spartanburg Community College, Lanier Technical College, Tennessee College Applied of Technology, Arkansas State University, Central Alabama Community College, Johns Hopkins University, Delaware Technical and Community College, Lehigh Career & Technical Institute, and Pennsylvania College of Technology, among others.
TIL NEXT TIME, I AM STILL WORKING ON MY REDNECK!