2017 Owner Point Standings: 14th
News and Notes:
- This Week’s No. 13 Liberty Tax Ford F-150… The No. 13 ThorSport Racing team will unload chassis No. 24 for Friday night’s NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS) season-opener at Daytona International Speedway (DIS). Last seeing the track with teammate Ben Rhodes behind the wheel in 2016 at DIS, this chassis dons new livery and new life ahead of the weekend’s race.
- Rookie Excitement… Although Snider will make his 10th start in the NCWTS, Daytona’s green flag will signal the beginning of his Sunoco Rookie of the Year campaign for 2018 with already one top-five finish, three top-10 finishes and 26 laps led under his belt.
- Learning from Legends… During the offseason, and since last year, Snider has been working with two notable stock car races, Elliott Sadler and Dale Jarrett, in driver coaching roles of the young rookie as his racing career expands.
- Giving Back… Launching last week, Liberty Tax is thanking our military men and women this tax season, giving back through assisting combat-wounded qualified veterans with filing free amended tax returns. Through recent legislation, Liberty Tax seeks to help those affected recoup any entitled disability benefits they may have lost through over taxation.
- His Superspeedway Best… Snider’s best finish in the NCWTS (third) came while racing at Talladega Superspeedway last season. Snider looks to Daytona with eager, looking to kick off the season in Victory Lane.
- Flying High… Taking to the skies, Snider has recently found love in aviation, pursuing his pilot’s license when he’s not focusing on racing.
- Catch Snider at Daytona… Snider will join his fellow ThorSport Racing teammates for the NCWTS autograph session in the Infield Fan Zone at DIS from 3-3:45 p.m. ET Friday, Feb. 16.
Chatting with Myatt Snider…
“It’s an honor to be with this team going into Daytona, and a great opportunity for me, a chance to compete for the Sunoco Rookie of the Year title and a run for the championship. I’m really confident about the season ahead and this weekend’s race at Daytona. We have a really good team and foundation here at ThorSport [Racing], a lot of great knowledge, and I think we have a good shot at opening the season with a win.”