|· The Can-Am 500k will mark Busch’s 611th career Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series start and his 30th at Phoenix Raceway. Busch has one win, seven top-five finishes and 17 top-10s at the mile oval. Additionally, the 39-year-old driver has led 751 laps, has an average starting position of 12.1, an average finish of 13.5, and has completed 99.6 percent (9,012 of 9,051) of the laps he’s contested there.
· Busch has career total totals of 29 wins, 22 poles, 131 top-five finishes, 258 top-10s and 8,877 laps led in 610 starts.
· His most recent Cup Series win came 34 races ago in the Daytona 500 at Daytona (Fla.) International Speedway (Feb. 26).
· His last Cup Series pole came last weekend at Texas Motor Speedwayin Fort Worth.
· Previous Win – Busch has one career NASCAR Cup Series win at Phoenix, which came in April 2005. It was his first victory that season, when the Phoenix event was run in the spring for the first time, and the 12th of Busch’s career.
· The Las Vegas native has 22 career Cup Series poles. Busch has never won a pole at Phoenix. His best start there is second, where he has started three times.
· Leading the Way at Phoenix – Busch’s 751 laps led at Phoenix are the third-most that the Las Vegas native has led at any track on the NASCAR Cup Series circuit. The only tracks where he’s led more are Bristol (Tenn.) Motor Speedway (1,062) and Richmond (Va.) International Raceway (809).
· Busch has made one NASCAR Xfinity Series start and one NASCAR Camping World Truck Series start at Phoenix. He finished fourth in both.
· A Place of Firsts – Crew chief Tony Gibson’s first win at the helm of a NASCAR Cup Series team came at Phoenix on April 10, 2010. He was calling the shots for Ryan Newman and the No. 39 team for Stewart-Haas Racing (SHR) and the win was also the first for SHR at the desert oval.
· Thus Far in 2017 – Busch has accumulated one win, six top-five finishes and 15 top-10s in 34 starts.
· Get to the Points – With his ninth-place finish last Sunday at Texas, Busch is 11th in the NASCAR Cup Series championship standings with 2,177 points.
TIL NEXT TIME, I AM STILL WORKING ON MY REDNECK!