● The Ticket Galaxy 200 is the sixth of seven races in the NASCAR XFINITY Series playoffs and the third race in the second playoff round, which consists of eight drivers. Four drivers will be eliminated at the conclusion of the race, narrowing the field to a quartet of drivers who will compete in a winner-take-all championship finale Nov. 18 at Homestead-Miami Speedway.
● Cole Custer is sixth in the XFINITY Series playoffs with 3,066 points, 37 behind series leader William Byron and 13 behind fourth-place Brennan Poole.
● In the five playoff races run thus far, Custer has two top-five finishes and four top-10s.
● The Ticket Galaxy 200 will be Custer’s second XFINITY Series start at Phoenix and his eighth overall at the mile oval. Custer has three NASCAR Camping World Truck Series starts and three NASCAR K&N Pro Series starts at Phoenix. Custer’s best Truck Series finish is third in 2014 and, that same year, he won the K&N Pro Series race. Custer also has a K&N Series pole at Phoenix, earned in 2013 when he first competed at the track. Custer has three top-fives, five top-10s, one pole, one win and has led 111 laps in seven starts at Phoenix.
● In 37 XFINITY Series starts, 42 Camping World Truck Series starts and 29 K&N Pro Series starts since 2015, Custer has five wins, six poles, 14 top-five finishes, 25 top-10s and 919 laps led at tracks that are a mile in length or shorter.
● Custer’s best finish in the 31 XFINITY Series races run this season is fourth, earned in the 11th race of the year June 3 at Dover (Del.) International Speedway. The result equaled Custer’s best career XFINITY Series finish, which he earned in his series debut in May 2016 at Charlotte (N.C.) Motor Speedway.
● Custer’s best qualifying effort in the 31 XFINITY Series races run this season is second, earned last Saturday at Texas Motor Speedway in Fort Worth. Custer has 23 top-10 starts and 10 top-five starts this season.
● Custer is third in the XFINITY Series Rookie of the Year standings, 50 points behind leader William Byron and nine points behind second-place Daniel Hemric. Custer has earned nine Rookie of the Race awards this season. Rookie of the Race awards are given each race to the highest-finishing rookie.
● Last weekend at Texas, Custer cut a tire on the opening laps and battled back from a lap down to earn his second consecutive top-five at the 1.5-mile oval.
● Custer has seven top-fives and 19 top-10s in 36 career XFINITY Series starts.
● At 19 years and 9 months of age, Custer is the youngest driver in the playoffs.