● Cole Custer will compete for his fourth consecutive top-10 finish this weekend in the Virginia529 College Savings 250 at Richmond (Va.) Raceway.
● This will mark Custer’s fifth start at Richmond and his third NASCAR XFINITY Series start at the .75-mile oval. In his first XFINITY Series start at Richmond in April 2016, Custer claimed his first XFINITY Series top-10.
● Custer is no stranger to victory lane at Richmond. In 2014, he took the checkered flag after leading 52 laps in the K&N Pro Series East race. In Custer’s four combined starts in the NASCAR K&N Pro Series East (two races) and NASCAR XFINITY Series (two races) at Richmond, Custer has a win, two top-five finishes, three top-10s and 76 laps led.
● In 24 XFINITY Series starts, 42 Camping World Truck Series starts and 29 K&N Pro Series starts since 2015, Custer has five wins, six poles, 14 top-five finishes, 24 top-10s and 919 laps led at tracks currently on the NASCAR circuit that are approximately a mile in length or shorter.
● Custer’s best finish in the 24 XFINITY Series races run this season is fourth, earned June 3 at Dover (Del.) International Speedway. It was his 14th top-10 and fifth top-five and it equaled his career-best finish.
● Custer’s best qualifying effort in the 24 XFINITY Series races run this season is third, earned twice – April 22 at Bristol (Tenn.) Motor Speedway and June 10 at Pocono (Pa.) Raceway. Custer has 16 top-10 starts and six top-five starts this season.
● Custer is third in the XFINITY Series Rookie of the Year standings, 61 points behind leader William Byron and two points behind second-place Daniel Hemric.
● Custer has earned six Rookie of the Race awards this season. Rookie of the Race awards aregiven to the highest-finishing XFINITY Series rookie at each race.
● Custer has earned four top-five finishes, 12 top-10s and has led 29 laps so far in the 2017 XFINITY Series season.
● Custer is sixth in the XFINITY Series championship standings, 268 points behind series leader Elliot Sadler.