Date: Aug. 12, 2017
Event: Mid-Ohio Challenge (Round 21 of 33)
Series: NASCAR XFINITY Series
Location: Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course in Lexington (2.4-mile road course)
Format: 75 laps, broken into three stages (20 laps/20 laps/35 laps)
Start/Finish: 9th/35th (Running, completed 54 of 75 laps)
Point Standing: 6th (505 points, 258 out of first)
Race Winner: Sam Hornish Jr. of Team Penske (Ford)
Stage 1 Winner: Blake Koch of Kaulig Racing (Chevy)
Stage 2 Winner: Sam Hornish Jr. of Team Penske (Ford)
Stage 1 Recap (Laps 1-20):
● Started ninth, finished 40th.
● Due to Custer making contact with the grass in qualifying, he started the Mid-Ohio Challenge with his backup Haas Automation Ford Mustang.
● On lap two, a mechanical failure forced Custer to the pits.
Stage 2 Recap (Laps 21-40):
● Started 40th, finished 37th.
● After repairs, Custer entered the field 22 laps down at the start of Stage 2.
Final Stage Recap (Laps 41-75):
● Started 37th, finished 35th.
● Custer gained one lap during the final stage.
● Due to multiple accidents, Custer gained two spots before the conclusion of the race.
● Nine cautions slowed the race for 27 laps.
● Sam Hornish Jr. won the Mid-Ohio Challenge to score his fifth career XFINITY Series victory, his first of the season and his first at Mid-Ohio.
TIL NEXT TIME, I AM STILL WORKING ON MY REDNECK!