· The Pure Michigan 400 will mark Busch’s 599th career Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series start and his 34th career NASCAR Cup Series start at Michigan.
· Busch has career total totals of 29 wins, 21 poles, 127 top-fives, 253 top-10s and 8,867 laps led in 598 starts.
* His most recent Cup Series win came 22 races ago in the Daytona 500 at Daytona (Fla.) International Speedway (Feb. 26, 2017).
* His last Cup Series pole came 54 races ago at Las Vegas Motor Speedway(March 4, 2016).
* Busch is slated to make his 600th career NASCAR Cup Series start Aug. 19 at Bristol (Tenn.) Motor Speedway.
· Sunday’s Pure Michigan 400 will mark Busch’s 34th career NASCAR Cup Series start at Michigan.Busch has two poles, three wins, five top-five finishes and 11 top-10s at the 2-mile oval. Additionally, the 39-year-old driver has led 448 laps, has an average starting position of 12.9, an average finish of 19.7, and has completed 88.5 percent (5,700 of 6,439) of the laps he’s contested there.
· The Las Vegas native has two poles to his credit (May 2010 and 2011) at Michigan.Busch has 21 career Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series poles.
· Three Times a Winner – Busch has raced his way to victory lane at Michigan three times in the NASCAR Cup Series and is tied with Matt Kenseth for the most wins among active drivers at Michigan. Busch’s first win came in June 2003 when he snatched the lead from Jeff Gordon with 24 laps to go en route to claiming his seventh NASCAR Cup Series victory. His second Michigan win came in August 2007. Busch took the lead at the halfway point of the race and then dominated the second half, leading 92 of 203 laps. He held off the field in overtime to claim his 17th NASCAR Cup Series victory. Busch scored his most recent Michigan victory in June 2015. He overcame adversity, winning the rain-shortened event after starting 24th in a backup racecar. Busch led six laps en route to the win, which marked his 27th career NASCAR Cup Series victory.
· Busch has two NASCAR Xfinity Series starts at Michigan with a best finish of third earned in June 2012.
· Busch has two NASCAR Camping World Truck Series starts at Michigan with a best finish of second earned in July 2000.
· Thus Far in 2017 – Busch has accumulated one win, two top-five finishes and 10 top-10s in 22 starts.
· Get to the Points – With his sixth-place finish last Sunday at Watkins Glen (N.Y.) International, Busch enters Michigan 14th in the NASCAR Cup Series championship standings with 528 points and is 353 points behind series leader Martin Truex Jr.