Driver Point Standings: 6th
Owner Point Standings: 8th
Sunoco Rookie of the Year Contender
2017 Stage Points: 48
2017 Playoff Points: 0
Sounding Off – Grant Enfinger:
Although you’ll be making your debut at Eldora Speedway on Wednesday, you have some experience racing on dirt in the ARCA Racing Series. Do you feel like that experience will help you Wednesday night?
“I don’t know if any of my dirt track experience from ARCA is going to help me in Eldora. The tracks I’ve run at, DuQuoin and Springfield, in the ARCA Racing Series are one mile, flat tracks, and Eldora is obviously a short track with some high banking. So, its definitely going to be different, but I am really looking forward to it.”
News & Notes:
- Chassis Chatter… The No. 98 ThorSport Racing (TSR) team will unload chassis No. 39 for Wednesday night’s Eldora Dirt Derby at Eldora Speedway in New Weston, OH. This is the same chassis Grant Enfinger piloted to an 11th-place finish earlier this season at Kansas Speedway in Kansas City, KS.
- Eldora Dirt… Grant Enfinger will make his Eldora Speedway debut in Wednesdaynight’s 150-lap event at the half-mile clay oval.
- Dirt Trackin’… Although the ThorSport Racing driver will make his Eldora Speedway debut Wednesday night, Enfinger has made seven starts on dirt in the ARCA Racing Series presented by Menards at the DuQuoin State Fairgrounds (4), a one-mile dirt oval, and the Illinois State Fairgrounds (3), a one-mile dirt track. In seven starts at both DuQuoin and Springfield, Enfinger has three poles, and has led 159 laps en route to two wins, three top-five, and four top-10 finishes.
- Rookie Stripe: Enfinger is currently tied with Chase Briscoe in the 2017 Sunoco Rookie of the Year standings after 10 of 23 races this season.
- Race Rewind – Kentucky…. In his second start at Kentucky Speedway, Enfinger started seventh, led the field for five laps, and finished 28th, due to an early accident on lap 41 of 150.
- Catch Grant at Eldora…Enfinger, along with his ThorSport Racing teammates, will participate in the NCWTS autograph session from 3:00-3:45 p.m. on Wednesday, July 19 in the Multi-purpose Building outside Turns 3 and 4 at Eldora Speedway.
Enfinger’s Dirt ARCA Stats – DuQuoin State Fairgrounds:
- Starts: 4, since 2011
- Laps Completed: 356 of 413 (86.2%)
- Poles: 2 (2015 & 2016)
- Laps Led: 118
- Wins: 2 (2014 & 2015)
- Top-5 Finishes: 2
- Top-10 Finishes: 3
- Average Start: 5.0
- Average Finish: 7.2
Enfinger’s Dirt ARCA Stats – Illinois State Fairgrounds:
- Starts: 3; since 2011
- Laps Completed: 307 of 311 (98.7%)
- Poles: 1 (2015)
- Laps Led: 41
- Wins: 0
- Top-5 Finishes: 1
- Top-10 Finishes: 1
- Average Start: 2.3
- Average Finish: 11.7
Enfinger’s Career NCWTS stats:
- Starts: 24, since 2010
- First Start: Talladega (2010)
- First Full-time Season: 2017
- Poles: 1 (Daytona, 2016)
- Wins: 1 (Talladega, 2016)
- Top-5 Finishes: 6
- Top-10 Finishes: 11
- Laps Completed: 3,203
- Laps Led: 73
- Avg. Start: 12.2
- Avg. Finish: 12.5
- Stage 1 – 40 laps (concludes at lap 40)
- Stage 2 – 50 laps (concludes at lap 90)
- Stage 3 – 60 laps (concludes at lap 150)
Broadcast Schedule – Eldora:
Wednesday, July 19:
5:00 p.m. NCWTS Qualifying (Single Vehicle/Two Laps) – FOX Sports 1
7:30 p.m. NCWTS Qualifying Races (5 Races/10 Laps Each) – FOX Sports 2
9:00 p.m. NCWTS Setup Show – FOX Business
9:30 p.m. Eldora Dirt Derby (150 Laps/75 Miles) – FOX Business
*FOX Business (Direct TV) – Channel 359
*FOX Business (Dish Network) – Channel 206
Date: Wednesday, July 19
Time: 9:30pm ET on FOX Business, SiriusXM & MRN
Track: half-mile clay oval
Distance: 150 Laps, 75 miles
Social: @EldoraSpeedway, #EldoraDirtDerbyV
TIL NEXT TIME, I AM STILL WORKING ON MY REDNECK!