● The Alsco 300 will mark Cole Custer’s 21st career NASCAR XFINITY Series start and his second XFINITY Series start at Kentucky Speedway.
● In Custer’s first XFINITY Series race at Kentucky a year ago, he ran in and around the top-10 until he was struck by a lapped car while exiting his pit stall, ultimately ending his day on lap 138 of the 200-lap race.
● Custer’s best finish in the 15 XFINITY Series races run this season is fourth, earned in the 11th race of the year June 3 at Dover (Del.) International Speedway. It was his eighth top-10 and third top-five and it equaled his career-best finish in 20 career XFINITY Series starts.
● Custer’s best qualifying effort in the 15 XFINITY Series races run this season is third, earned in the seventh race of the year April 22 at Bristol (Tenn.) Motor Speedway. Custer has eight top-10 starts and three top-five starts this season.
● In eight XFINITY Series starts and nine Camping World Truck Series starts at 1.5-mile tracks, Custer has three top-five finishes and nine top-10s. Custer has earned three top-10s this season at 1.5-mile tracks – Texas (fifth), Charlotte (seventh) and Atlanta Motor Speedway (10th).
● Custer is third in the XFINITY Series Rookie of the Year standings, 47 points behind leader William Byron and one point behind second-place Daniel Hemric. Custer has earned five Rookie of the Race awards this season, three of which have come at 1.5-mile tracks – fifth at Texas Motor Speedway in Fort Worth, seventh at Charlotte (N.C.) Motor Speedway and 11th at Las Vegas Motor Speedway.
● Custer is seventh in the XFINITY Series driver standings, 216 points behind series leader Elliot Sadler.
● Custer has been the highest-finishing XFINITY Series regular driver in four races this season – Charlotte, Dover, Pocono (Pa.) Raceway and Texas.
● Custer has earned two top-five finishes, six top-10s, and has led 29 laps in the 2017 XFINITY Series season.