- Kurt Busch has career totals of 29 wins, 21 poles, 126 top-five finishes and 249 top-10s in 588 career Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series starts heading into Sunday’sAAA 400 Drive for Autismat Dover (Del.) International Speedway. His most recent NASCAR Cup Series win came in February at Daytona (Fla.) International Speedway in the season-opening Daytona 500.
- Sunday’s AAA 400 Drive for Autism will mark Busch’s 34th career NASCAR Cup Series start at Dover. Busch has one win, seven top-five finishes and nine top-10s at the concrete mile oval. Additionally, the 38-year-old driver has led 426 laps, has an average starting position of 11.7, an average finish of 18.1, and has completed 94.4 percent (12,471 of 13,209) of the laps he’s contested there.
- Previous Winner – Busch started second and led 90 of 400 laps at Dover en route to recording his 24th Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series victory on Oct. 2, 2011.Busch grabbed the lead from Jimmie Johnson on the final restart and paced the final 42 circuits to win by .908 of a second over Johnson.
- The Las Vegas native has 21 career NASCAR Cup Series poles. Busch has never won a pole at Dover. His best qualifying effort is second, where he has started twice – June 2008 and October 2011.
- Busch won the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series race at Dover in September 2000. He started from the pole and led nine laps en route to the win in his only Truck Series start at Dover.
- Thus Far in 2017 – Busch has accumulated one win, one top-five finish and six top-10s in 12 starts.
- Get to the Points – With his sixth-place finish at Sunday at Charlotte (N.C.) Motor Speedway, Busch enters Dover 14th in the NASCAR Cup Series championship standings, 290 points behind series leader Martin Truex Jr.
- Stewart-Haas Racing (SHR) at Dover – In 46 overall starts at Dover, SHR has earnedtwo poles, two wins, five top-five finishes and 12 top-10s, has been atop the leaderboard for 854 laps, and has completed 98.1 percent of the laps contested (18,071 of 18,420).
- SHR in 2017 – 12 races into the 2017 season, SHR Ford Fusions have recorded three poles, one win, seven top-five finishes and 18 top-10s. They have completed 14,738 of 15,600 laps contested and have collectively led 533 laps.
- The No. 41 Haas Automation/Monster Energy Ford Fusion will carry decals on the lower-rear quarter panel for:
Ø IAG Performance. Established in 2004, Integrity Auto Group (IAG) initially sold high-quality used performance cars. Within a year and a half, IAG more than over 200 Subaru vehicles. Clients began requesting IAG to provide performance products and services for their Subarus, and those needs were quickly catered to. IAG extended its services and parts nationally in 2007. Fast forward to 2017 – IAG is known as a leader in the automotive performance industry and carries an impeccable reputation among clients and peers.
Ø Tag Engineering Inc. Located at6707 Whitestone Rd. Baltimore, Maryland, TAG manufactures and machines complex and basic chassis, enclosures, and complete assemblies for the defense, aerospace and medical sectors. Featuring Haas CNC machining centers and vacuum brazing facilities, its assembly and wiring area enables TAG to manufacture piece parts and complete systems from one piece to 10,000. The TAG teams of highly skilled personnel is able to work from drawings and or electronic data. TAG encourages present and potential customers to experience its organization at work, its clean and pleasant working conditions, manufacturing controls and extensive quality control procedures, from the testing and coding of raw material to the care and packaging of the finished product.
Ø Haas Factory Outlet Greensboro, a division of Phillips Corp., 8500 Triad Drive, Colfax, NC 27235, is an exclusive dealer of Haas Automation CNC machine tools, serving Alabama, Arkansas, Delaware, Eastern Pennsylvania, Georgia, Maryland, North Carolina, South Carolina, Southern New Jersey and Tennessee. Phillips offers outstanding Haas sales, service, training, applications support, and spare parts. Phillips also supports manufacturing education through the Haas Technical Education Centers at the Spartanburg Community College, Lanier Technical College and Tennessee College Applied of Technology, among others.
TIL NEXT TIME, I AM STILL WORKING ON MY REDNECK!