Event: Monster Energy NASCAR All-Star Race (non-points event)
Series: Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series
Location: Charlotte (N.C.) Motor Speedway (1.5-mile oval)
Format: 70 laps, broken into four stages (20 laps/20 laps/20 laps/10 laps)
Start/Finish: 5th/6th (Running, completed 70 of 70 laps)
Race Winner: Kyle Busch of Joe Gibbs Racing (Toyota)
Stage 1 Winner: Kyle Larson of Chip Ganassi Racing (Chevrolet)
Stage 2 Winner: Kyle Larson of Chip Ganassi Racing (Chevrolet)
Stage 3 Winner: Jimmie Johnson of Hendrick Motorsports (Chevrolet)
Stage 1 Recap (Laps 1-20):
● Kevin Harvick started third, finished third.
● Struggled with a tight-handling condition off the corner throughout the stage.
● Pitted for four prime Goodyear tires and air pressure and wedge adjustments following the stage.
Stage 2 Recap (Laps 21-40):
● Started second, finished eighth.
● Suffered with a tight handling condition at the start of the run and a loose condition later in the stage.
● Pitted for four option Goodyear tires and air pressure and wedge adjustments.
Stage 3 Recap (Laps 41-60):
● Started seventh, finished second.
● Raced from seventh to second by lap 51 on the option tires.
● Noted the balance of the car was good on the option tires throughout the stage.
● Harvick’s average finish from the first three stages allowed him to be lined up fourth for the final round of pit stops.
● Pitted for four prime Goodyear tires and air pressure and a wedge adjustments.
Final Stage Recap (Laps 61-70):
● Started eight, finished sixth.
● Advanced two positions in the closing laps to finish sixth.
Kevin Harvick, driver of the No. 4 Busch Bucks Ford Fusion for Stewart-Haas Racing:
“We just didn’t put it together there when we came down pit road. We got behind, and at that point you don’t have enough laps to make it up.”
● Harvick scored his 10th top-10 finish in his 17th career Monster Energy NASCAR All-Star start at Charlotte Motor Speedway.
TIL NEXT TIME, I AM STILL WORKING ON MY REDNECK!